K11 Wiring Fault?

N

Narthecius

Hi there,
I've recently bought a K11 1.0 Micra L (1994 M Reg) from my brother and I'm having a problem with the stereo. When he bought the car the head unit (the original Blaupunkt tape deck) wanted a code and he never got round to finding this out. He took the car to get a cd player fitted and although the new unit had power and appeared to be functioning no sound came through the speakers (we couldn't test this with the old one as it wanted a code). While it was in the shop I pulled the door cards off and stuck a meter on the speakers and there was nothing reaching either of them so I am assuming the speakers are fine. I'm new to car electronics but I'm usually quite good at this stuff, so I'm up for getting stuck in there, just wondering if anyone's got any idea what could be causing this? Anyway thanks for reading,

Jack

hi it sounds like the wires from the speakers are not the ones connected to the new cd player.you will have to take the cd player out and also the door panels off to note the coulour of the wires ie black with yellow stripe note the colour and the size of the tag the wire is connected to the biggest ones is live feed and the small one is negitave .these should be in the wires that connect to the cd/radio and on the radio side the wires should be marked left or righ speakers with + or - and just make the connection at the back of the cd/radio. be sure you tape up each wire on its own as this is very important.some radios have front and rear speaker connections so look out for this.if it only has left and right speakers then you must wire the front left and the rear left togeather then to the back of the radio .to i.d. the wires you could put on wire of the meter on the speaker wire and prod around the back of the radio with the other side of the meter till you get a full defelection or if you have a buzzer use this to find the right wires.

Back