Wiper Intermittant Delay Function =======================

Hi, my wiper function on the stalk has 3 settings as it was changed from a later model but the first setting doesnt work, 2 and 3 does.., is there a way to have the wipers swipe every few seconds rather than constant swipe as a slow speed, quiet annoying as when it rains (spits) the wipers are on constant, i knw on later K11 thers a black box beside the wiper moter, Is there a wiring loom that i can attach with the box to the stalk i.e. modification to have that option?

Cheers

J​

Change the wiper motor relay located on the bulkhead. Mine did this. The relay over heats. Replaced it now its fine

Hi Jay101, well my wipers do work BUT originally the wipers are only 2 speed, no intermittant, i changed the stalk cos i managed to break the original 2 speed stalk so i replaced it with the 3 speed, what i wanna do is convert mine into a 3 speed from 2 if you see what i mean so i can have intermittant!!!

Cheers

J

cheers mate, never mind!!!! i recently won an original Nissan K11 Workshop manual from ebay for next to nothing, ive worked out the wiring to turn a 2 speed wiper into a 3 speed intermittant type!!!!..

cheers !!

J

Hi J!
What did you do to get the wipers to work with the intermittent function? I recently bought a three speed stalk and am experiencing the same issue.

Thanks

I didnt bother, i could have gone to the breakers yard and got the relay and wiring, as i could have wired it up but its not worth the hassel mate!! Just speeds 1 and 2 is all i gots!! As long as the car looks good and wipers work then im kool...

Dontbworry about it, leave as is!!

thanks for the feedback. Because I already bought the stalk and relay I'll see how much it costs to wire it up.. if its too expensive I'll leave the car as is. Its just a little annoying when its only light rain..

thanks again!

To be honest, to wire a relay isnt a 5 min job, you have to go thru the loom of the wiper stalks and cut a few wires to divert to the relay box near the motor in the engine bay and you will need a schematic diagram of the loom, one with 1 and 2 speed settings and anothe schematic diagram with the 1.2 and 3 speed settings so you can see the wiring differences.. It would be easier and cheaper if you can do it BUT you need to know what you doing in all honesty.. But as says dont bothef, if your stalk is bothering you, i.e. When selecting. Speed 1 and nothing happens then i suggest get another stalk thats ment fof your age of vehicle..

J

thanks for the feedback. Because I already bought the stalk and relay I'll see how much it costs to wire it up.. if its too expensive I'll leave the car as is. Its just a little annoying when its only light rain..

thanks again!
if yours is a prefacelift ? then the wiring/loom for the extra relay near the motor wont be there
facelift have a different motor and wiring setup :)

Back