windscreen wash reservoir full of mould

I was frustrated with my micra water squirter being blocked so have dismantled the whole lot. I removed the bottle of to check the workings and found gunk down the bottom of it.

I havent had a proper look at the motors yet, they make the right pumping sounds but produce a crap spray mist. I have blasted the jets with compressed air. but still no great stream of water comes out. I will try cleaning bottle replacing the black pipe with transparent pipes. and getting some new squirters!

How annoying, i took my head light out in order to get at the bolts securing washer bottle and its right in side the bumper.

Is there a better place to mount a reservoir? or a universal fit one?

In the boot? you might be better off going to the scrappy and looking at other cars to see if you can get a small square one or something.

mark 2 fiestas have a nice little one with built in motor in the boot, its in the left hand side of the tire well, might be a good universal one?

Thanks for your advice guys, i found out today replacement water squirters £10.00 plus vat (each)from the main dealer. havent tried motor factor for oe parts yet.

How do your Micras go Lads mines just plain old 1.0l 16v not really Micra Sports Club material. I think it flys, i put me foot down and it keeps on going, gives me a chuckle every time i drive it.. Has the output of a much bigger engined car.

Back