Windscreen removal

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Hi chaps before I go down to remove a windscreen for my Micra just need some advice
Anyone done a k10 screen before?
Are they bonded in or clipped/screwed what tools should I take with me don't wanna drive an hour just to break the ####er

its just the old rubber fit, i used to push the top corner gently with my feet and flick the rubber with a big flat screwdriver (and tuck it behind the flange)
then do the other top corner :)

i would practice on the busted one first tho eh, rear 1/4 and door glass,s are toughened and will take loads of stick eh, but screens are laminated and have the strength of eggshell :eek:

I used windscreen black sealant to fit the Super S spoiler on my K11, and the JDM wind deflectors. I highly recommend you to use gloves, even if you don't used to wear them. I had black on my hands during at least one week. I work in a reception, I did it during the week end, and was very bad at work the following week...

Seb I know what you mean mate I've done a few and bonded my gtir skirts on my sunny using the stuff took a month to get it off last time

you have to tuck it behind the flange/aperture, (disregard the 2nd rubber lip on mine, it holds the headlining up) and work your way round (leave the corner if it wont go)
then when you have tucked the top and most of the sides, the whole screen should push out ok

Attachments

• SDC11752.JPG
    SDC11752.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 450
So slide the screw driver under the rubber between the rubber and glass whilest carefully pushing the screen out?

then refit it with a cord eh (lay the cord all around the rubber valley, then pull the 2 ends of the cord from inside) :)

Back