Windscreen replacement costing advice?

Hi all,
A local windscreen fitter as quoted £276.00 for Pilkington "without the badges" and £348.00 for a Nissan stamped Pilkington windscreen.
I have a rain sensor and auto lights does this seem reasonable to you? (My vision is affected by wipers scratches in low sun with a few small chips and pits so looking at options)

My insurer will not use OEM Nissan, only after market so have been exploring my options. I also want someone who has the time to take due dilligence and car over over the work. I have had a lot of car issues lately and a lot going on in my life, save the details and car stress is far from needed. I just need reliable car availiable at all times and whilst some have had good experience wih Autoglass and National Windscreens, reviews are varied to say the least.

Cheers :)

My car has the same pitting and an added diamond ring scratch on the inside right in front of the drivers side view.
I can see it sometimes and others not.
For me I'm going to stick with the screen and try some super cleaning methods to reduce any signs of pitting.
The tiny scratch on inside I can live with.
Isn't really much one can do since the windscreens are laminated.
A Replacement one would be ideal and recommend finding a local fitter if possible might save some penny's..
We once had one crack on an astra and the replacement would have been alot but local fitter had one in stock and was able to replace for reasonable price.
Keep in mind this was long time ago and the screen was not new.
The screen was cracked when using super glue or some type of epoxy was used to re attach a rear view mirror.
All I can say is beware of using glue on glass and especially if the glass freezes over night.
Any how hope this might help you a little.

Back