Windscreen and rubber

Greetings folks, i need some advices.
I need to change the windscreen of my micra, and i have another k11 breaking for parts, but:

A guy told me that the only way to remove the windscreen is by breaking it, so i cant use the other micra windscreen.

Another guy told me that i can use the other k11 windscreen, but i need the rubber, a 200£ rubber made of gold.

Someone can suggest me something ? I really dont want to pay 500£+ for a windscreen change lol, is like buying another micra.

I work for autoglass. If the other car has got the original screen in I doubt you'll get it out without breaking it. As for the trims it's a possibility but they usually snap on the corners.
But u can use an old rubber off a corsa b and it'll look sweet!

I just got autoglass to do mine. 120quid without going through insurance.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Was that for just getting them to swap the windscreen for a good one you had or for them to provide new glass and seal?

Just wondering as I have managed to remove and refit windows from mk4 fiesta so id be willing to have a gp if I order a used screen and corsa b seal if that will work ok.

But of £120 is price for all in then I cant see doing it myself saving more than £50 lol

Was that for just getting them to swap the windscreen for a good one you had or for them to provide new glass and seal?

Just wondering as I have managed to remove and refit windows from mk4 fiesta so id be willing to have a gp if I order a used screen and corsa b seal if that will work ok.

But of £120 is price for all in then I cant see doing it myself saving more than £50 lol
They did everything.

Removed and disposed of the old one.

Fit a new one and then provide a rbber seal around it

Oh so u paid ur insurance excess? I thought that was a cash price
No.
Admiral don't approve of Autoglass.

It was going to be £425. I told them I'm with admiral and they said they're not approved but they offer discount to Admiral customers.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Sorry mate now I understand. Autoglass weren't the nominated supplier to admiral but they were trying to win the contract. Any admiral customers that called them they would do any jobs for £125. You know u can claim £50 back from admiral as they have now won the contract.

Sorry mate now I understand. Autoglass weren't the nominated supplier to admiral but they were trying to win the contract. Any admiral customers that called them they would do any jobs for £125. You know u can claim £50 back from admiral as they have now won the contract.
Ah I never knew that :)

Though I wouldn't trust claiming anythhing back from Admiral.

I'm with a different insurer now

Here in italy we have "Carglass", but is very expensive, 600€ for the job.

The windsceen can be taken out without crashing it, i dont know why that guy said that i cant, meh.

Also i have found that the autobianchi/lancia Y10 windscreen rubber with some minor modification can be adapted to the micra, and it cost less than 20£.
The cost of the oem rubber really amaze me.

I don't think it would be easy to remove the windscreen without breaking it. And auto glass even with the correct tools wouldn't guarantee they could do it. They fit a conversion trim on these which is a one piece trim instead of the original trims which is in three parts
There are lots of trims that could be fitted it's only cosmetic. But I know the corsa b with the bottom cut off looks nice as it has a built in rain channel on the sides

Back