New generic rear windscreen rubber install

My rear windscreen rubber was looking a bit shabby. Nissan have deleted the part, so either breaker yard, which your buying old rubber or source something completely new and different. I opted for the latter!
I didn't chuck it in hot water, just cleaned the area prior to install, about £15 for 4 metres it's gone in ok, I did require some thumb work and it's a bit fiddly on the corners.
The main test will be over the coming weeks, will it keep shape and stay in! I'll keep you posted!

IMG_20201206_121824.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201206_121831.jpg
    IMG_20201206_121831.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20201206_121856.jpg
    IMG_20201206_121856.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
OP
OP
nesty
Looks tidy. Ebay?

Is it a push fit or glued

Push fit.
Independent rubber company in Devon, found them on the net and they sent through 3 samples, which might fit, 1 did, which installed.
Time will tell if it stays in!

Push fit.
Independent rubber company in Devon, found them on the net and they sent through 3 samples, which might fit, 1 did, which installed.
Time will tell if it stays in!

Hi Nesty,
I know you posted this a while ago but how has the trim faired , still ok? Also can you let me know the company you got it from and a part number or trim type that you finally purchased that fitted?

Thank you

OP
OP
nesty
Hi Nesty,
I know you posted this a while ago but how has the trim faired , still ok? Also can you let me know the company you got it from and a part number or trim type that you finally purchased that fitted?

Thank you
Sadly, that vehicle went to the scrap in June, as the CVT gearbox went.
I have to say after 4 months, I had to start pushing it back in, (I didn't glue it, if I did results maybe different), so it wasn't a success over time IMHO.

Sadly, that vehicle went to the scrap in June, as the CVT gearbox went.
I have to say after 4 months, I had to start pushing it back in, (I didn't glue it, if I did results maybe different), so it wasn't a success over time IMHO.
Don’t suppose anyone knows the name of this rubber company in Devon ??

OP
OP
nesty
Don’t suppose anyone knows the name of this rubber company in Devon ??

WT 02 was the part number and I ordered 4 metres.

WT 02 was the part number and I ordered 4 metres
Really appreciate that ! Thank you