Window Tints

the rear windows can be as dark as u want:)

as for the drivers window and front passenger.. these can only be light smoke(if that even) some cars have slight tinted windows as std from factory, so be careful.also the Front windscreen cannot be tinted!

the front side ones should allow atleast 70% light through. IIRC

Umar

i just got told my mums friend got pulled for having rear tints...mum told me the law came in on sept 1st! hmmm my car is tinted all around gonna go try find some evidence to back this up else im buggered lol

i recently got done for my window tints... onlow allowed 30% of light through...

basicaly:

100-70% legal
70-30% - illegal - this is at the officers discressions. Either points and fine, rectification notification (with varying number of days), or remove the tints there and then or have the car taken off the road...
30-0% - VERY illegal. Instant points and fine and instant de-roading off the car until they have been removed

the above was taken from the police on friday when they were doing my car and only applies to windows forward of the B pillar

i just spoke to my mate who is a window tinter by trade and he said that u can have as black as u want in the back window and the back side windows on the front side window they have to let 70% light through that is what is legal cus that is what he fits to cars when he does them.

lol I had limo black tints on the front of my K10 for 8 months and got pulled 3 times and everytime the coppers didnt do jack.

one copper even stuck his head inside and said "bit dark in here innit"

funny as fook

got pulled by the vosa squad today...
they were doing random checks on manchester rd huddersfield...

my passenger tint to dark only allowing 25% light in... drivers one has no tint cos i smashed the window while back...

got off quite lucky... they did a walk round and managed not to spot my clear rear lights or rear reg lights...

my bald tyres were changed 3 days ago...

copper was like "peel them off now" but vosa guy was like no he can go to inspection centre at later date cos its raining...

nice guy told me that police cant make you peel it off, nor peel it off them selves... but they can stop you from driving it there and then and have it towed...

no fines or points for me, i just replacing glass from mates k11 and inspection in oldham branch...

had tints on for bout 4yrs nearly first time i got pulled for them...
well what can ya do, thats life...

Back