window tints

B

Baker

anybody here that lives in newcastle upon tyne got any ideas on how much it would cost to tint my k10's windows the blackest possible without any mirror effects

£150 from autotint on scotchy road

oh yeah and if u get ur front 2 done jet black u will get pulled pretty much straight away, police up our end r dicks for that

every1 thinks im hot... Pretty boy looks and all that...

seriously tho... 150quid for all four is quite cheap at a professional place

I could do for 15 a window.. and 30 ish for rear window..

try urself... easy enough...

kristian

i got mine done at autotint n they were really good like but ive heard the back window is a bigger to do thats why i just got it done proffessionally. I have to go back soon and get my rear window tinted again n they quoted me £70 just for that.

£150 is very cheap usually std rate would b like £200(normal related friends) £240 (strangers) these prices i quote r the prices my friend gives cuz im good friends with some guys that professionally tint i can get that down quite abit

well i originally got quoted £185 coz i was going for the ones that go from gold to black but then when he informed me that getting the front 2 too dark can earn u points i decided not to coz i was still on that 2 year probationary thing where you only need 6 points to get banned, still am actually so i thought it would look naff on only the back 3 so just got them to go from dark smoke on the back, medium smoke on back 2 then light smoke on front two n they knocked it down to £150. give em a ring. I think they work on a small car, medium car, large car basis. I would imagine the k10 would fit into small car but might jus slip into medium. www.autotint.co.uk

u risk getting pulled very easily with any thing that blocks more than 60% of light i say 50% is still only a light tint so u b able to get away with that(depends on copper in the end) legal limit is 30% which some cars come slightly tinted is 30%! so any thing on it is over lol bit stoopid imo but i got black rears n 75% on fronts not been pulled "yet"! had mine on for almost a yr now been followed few times but when im crawling like a bitch at 23mph they leave me alone :p (watch me get pulled when i leave house!) my cousin got a producer the other week he had black rears n 80% on the fronts he was in a new colt with massive windows so they didnt look much darker than mine but he still got pulled...

u can have anything on the back, u could get some actual plastic and stick it to ur back windows so u cant see in or out, that 30% thing only applys to ur front windows and any tint on the windscreen is illegal, dont no if thats what u meant zeph or if u were saying the legal limit is 30% on all windows

I had the impression that the limit was 15% or somthing...

Theres some good news though...

If you have Very dark tint on the Rear window, and rear doors ( or quarters ) ....
And only the limit one the front two.... ( 15%/30% or whatever )

the front two will look much darker than they actually are because the light inside the car is VERY much reduced buy the darker other windows... The REAR window being very dark has this effect the greatest..

kristian

yeh thats what i meant ridcado but assumed every 1 knew backs u could have anything just fronts r the problem...the screen strip isnt meant to b able to touch ur wipers either or something either cant remember measurement its 12cm? windscreen u aint really allowed to touch apart from that sun strip but my mates have tinted it 50% u cant even c inside the front window! oh yeh another note the mirror/crome tints u aint allowed to even touch...

ive heard different stories about the rules tho
i been told the old law was 30%
new law nothing at all
but imo u can get away with 30% "i think"...

yep that makes alot of sense,

my mate got pulled in his clio! lmao @his car
for his front tints,and they got those machines now that detects how light or dark the tint is,,

kristian said:
I had the impression that the limit was 15% or somthing...

Theres some good news though...

If you have Very dark tint on the Rear window, and rear doors ( or quarters ) ....
And only the limit one the front two.... ( 15%/30% or whatever )

the front two will look much darker than they actually are because the light inside the car is VERY much reduced buy the darker other windows... The REAR window being very dark has this effect the greatest..

kristian

yes this is true but only if your looking from the front to the back because dark tints behind but if your looking from back end to front then just looks like a normal non tinted window - this is what i have

Back