Window runners broken?

Hello I'm new to this site so not sure if this is the right forum.. Just purchased a 1.0 k11 red micra, will post pictures when it comes back from the garage (new clutch being fitted)

I'm going to slowly update it, maybe do a few mods but for the last 3 years I've been modding a corsa - now I've got a micra I have no idea about any of it.

My first question is, both my front windows are broken at the bottom of the runners, so whenever you unwind the windows they jam or come off the runners, I also think the runner on the drivers side is broken. I've spoken to my local scrappy who said he will sell me 2 windows for £30 and a new runner for £10, but I've had a glance at the runners and have no idea how I will be able to get behind the panel of the door to replace it? Tips or suggestions?

Second: There is no central locking on the car either so I intend to buy a universal remote central locking, how easy is this to fit? any guides circling around on here?

Gear Knob: Is this just glued on and needs to be twisted off? I have a new smart one but don't want to cause damage..

Would appreciate all the help and advice given - thank you lots in advance! JC

the plastic clip usually just needs re-glueing to the bottom of the glass james, and there should be threads on here detailing how to remove the inner door casing (screws and clips basically) :)

Hey thanks for the reply. I've taken the windows out, and there aren't straight lines. It's like the windows on the bottom have smashes off or broken somehow. Would I get away with just re gluing them on to the runners? I can get the door cards off easily enough, I'm just not sure about the metal casing. I can upload pictures in a couple of days when I get the micra back from garage.

I tried all sorts of bonding/ glue/arildite etc and nothing worked. A friend used aquarium glass bonder and that worked. Easiest and least messy option is to find a scrap car and replace windows making sure the clips are solid on the scrap car. Winding the windows down with the clips unbonded has obviously causes them to come out of their vertical runners

I went to scrappy today and picked up some new windows, already came glued on with the clips, so I purchased 2 windows, and 1 runner, came to £20 so not gonna argue that!
E0869ADF-251B-4CE3-90C4-4C0AE5345BEC-7736-00000697139FFB6D_zps99dad20f.jpg
1CFE2ACE-6D3C-4147-9E2C-DA8DCE7348BA-7736-000006970E2CBE0C_zps6f94216a.jpg

Back