Broken Sunroof

CMF_thegreenmachine

» CMF Member
Hiya fellow Micra Owners,

My year 2000 Nissan Micra's sunroof is busted and I wondered if any other members had any knowledge on the subject.

It is a factory fitted sunroof - so new parts could be / may need to be purchased to repair it but I am unsure on what action to take.
A friend got something jammed in there so that it wouldnt open, then they forced the handle. making a nasty snapping sound... it now does not raise or retract on one side and has to be forced shut again. I believe that the internal mechanism / cable is broken, so asides from a costly repair does anyone have any suggestions of how to remove the interior lining and get access to the sunroof / mechanism?

Thanks, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
hi, it's pretty straight forward step by step process to remove the lining and dismantle the sunroof. i have done it myself before, although i didnt put it back. i would recommend getting one from a scrapyard and you can learn the process of removal at the same time before doing it to your car. and it should be a reasonable price.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh it would be easier to do as Polar has suggested. Repairing sunroofs can be quite tricky and it sounds like the existing one has suffered a snapped cable or cable joiner. most likely a rather expensive fix from nissan.

Back