wind noise

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Since having my alloys fitted theres a noise that sounds like when whind whistles round a building, a whoosh almost. Very hard to describe noises, it doesnt seem to be coming from a general area maybe the wheels as its the same volume everywhere in the car. Any ideas what could be causing this?

What size alloys are they? My mate put 17s on his 206 and it sounds like a washing machine on full spin above 60mph :) mainly cos the tyres are so thin.

It could be the increased road noise from wider tyres, or it could be a wheel bearing noise being made more noticeable by the wider wheel putting more pressure on it.

right, thanks sonic I have noticed even after getting two rear shocks it still makes a knocking noise from the rear passenger side when cornering. Could the two be related

dani

usually a noisey wheel bearing will be louder when turning ( with more weight on it ) and i once had one make of tyres that over 50mph, i could,nt hear the radio

If its a wheel bearing or bushes it will fail its mot, the wheel bearing is the most urgent if you have a worn one, how many miles has the car done ?

dani

wheel bearings get very noisey before they let go, but if the noise does,nt fade or get louder as you turn, i doubt its the bearings

its intermittent but its there when i corner only. If i take it for the MOT and it fails i can get the work done that I know needs doing and then get the MOT redone for free within 14days. The car has done just over 60k

its possible but I didnt think they would rub with only me in the car they dont fill the arches fully so i dont think so.. thanks for the replies so far all the advice is greatly apprecaited

right, thanks sonic I have noticed even after getting two rear shocks it still makes a knocking noise from the rear passenger side when cornering. Could the two be related

A knocking rear end when cornering is usually worn bushes, pay particular attention to the Panhard rod bushes.

the anti-roll bar drop links would be favourite to be knocking in my opinion.

I might take it to the garage tomorrow when Im in town see what they say the problem is the knocking is intermittent so chances are when I take it it wont do it.

Back