brakes

ok i know this have been discussed severals times and i have search for the usual stuff gtir calpiers will fit 14" rims etc

im in the process of looking for a brake disc set up that will fit a k11 micra and is vented.

i dont mind running 14's or 15's i just need to know what nissans run this setup.

i would be looking at n15,n16,p11,p12? am i correct

i had sunny vented (slightly bigger than stock) on my ss matt, with 13,s on, they,re not too heavy, and plenty big enough for a 1.0 imo :)

thanks for the quick reply kev im upgrading the brakes now before i buy my 1.3 and start playing with it.

ive have a look around and 100nx discs are vented would these fit

not sure on the 100 brakes matt, but i would,nt go too big personally, nissan dial-in the front to rear balance, and you may end up with frontend lockups and/or a long pedal :eek: (ie, caliper pistons that are too big for the master cylinder to fill)

what year and engine size would i need frank and they are vented? and fit behind standard steel wheels?

i,m going back about 8 yrs matt :blush:, but they were off a "p" ish reg sunny, were vented and 5-10mm bigger, the super s alloys cleared ok, but i can vaguely recall having to grind a nats gooley off the welds on the steelie spare tho

Hi Matt,
Last week replaced mines with Sunny 1.6/1.8 sr fronts. It was from the 1994 years, almost round one. All the Primeras and Almeras in the scrapers had lucas calipers and were all incopatible with my micra.
Eu Sunny disks are 10mm bigger but calipers seem the same piston diameter, wider slot to accomodate the vented disc. Fits perfec the stock 13" steel rims.

The feel is around better, but not spectacular. Been said I completely forgot about fading, went away like money on christmas.
It seems like the stock brakes for the 1st 1/2 of pedal travel, and then grips enough to dive the front in deep and scream the stock tires. Not bad for a scrapyard parts.

Back