will a ga16de bolt up to the ma12 gearbox?

ive just turbo'd my micra (ma12) and i dont like it it needs to much work to get it right so im thinking of putting bike carbs on a ga16 and chucking it in the micra but dont want the hassle of getting custom driveshafts so would the ma12 gearbox bolt up to a ga16?

il throw some pics up tomorrow before i rip it all off lol sounded mint just a shame i cant be arsed to finish it had enough of working in the front street in winter lol and my garage is to far away from my house :(

cheers guys

word of advice dont do it unless you can get a renault 5 carb mine was slower than standard and ran horrible i dnt have the time to make a custom inlet to suite r5 carb so im just going to rip it off besides i think the ma12 pulls just fine as it is in the light weight shell :D just for now anyway until i can afford a gtir lol

you can use the standard carb, you have 2 options, put the carb before the turbo, or put the carb inside a sealed box and pump the boost inisde the sealed box.

dont mean to try steal your thread but can anyone tell me what gearbox will bolt to a ga14 ive a 1.0 litre pre 98 micra gearbox as spare and a few k10 1.0 litre gearboxes too

dont mean to try steal your thread but can anyone tell me what gearbox will bolt to a ga14 ive a 1.0 litre pre 98 micra gearbox as spare and a few k10 1.0 litre gearboxes too

your pre 98 1.0 one should fit ok, with the pre 98 1.0 f/w and clutch grevs :grinning:

very good :) is there much of a weight difference, i took the f/w off the ga14 today and its heavy as foook..wud it be much shorter than the ga14 box,as in higher acceleration but less top end? thanks for the help frank(Y)

very good :) is there much of a weight difference, i took the f/w off the ga14 today and its heavy as foook..wud it be much shorter than the ga14 box,as in higher acceleration but less top end? thanks for the help frank(Y)

np grevs :grinning: you might encounter some slip with a modded GA14 tho, and you may need to build a hybrid 160/180mm friction plate (by swapping the centre,s and shamfering one side down to 170mm)

Attachments

• SDC11681.JPG
    SDC11681.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 338
Back