Will 1993 1.0 Micra engine fit to 1997 1.0 Micra?

Did they change something over the years? Or was the difference only in pre-facelift vs facelift? and btw this is my first post here.

Thanks for reply. I asked this because i am gonna buy used engine with 60 000km (37280 miles) on it for 280€ and replace it on my micra

The early k11 1.0 boxes with the 160mm clutch fit the k10 driveshafts and such and also fit onto a cg13. So thats not an issue. Im not sure about motor mounts but you need to sort out the wiring loom. (not to hard, use a early non nats ecu) and fueling. The k10 is carbed and uses a mechanical fuel pump with only 1 line coming from the tank. a k11 uses a electric pump and fuel injection and also has a fuel return. So you need to either use a figaro tank (or was it pao?) or make something to have a return into the tank. Or fit a set of carbs to the k11 engine. And ofcourse standard stuff like fit up the exhaust.
Its shouldnt really be a hard swap if youre somewhat handy.

Thank you so much for your very comprehensive reply. The job might be a bit too much for me! Do you know anyone (perhaps yourself) who might be able to take on the job for me? I live in east Kent, in the UK.

I have no idea as im quite a tought swim away. (netherlands)
If you have to pay someone it can get quite costly as its mainly man hours. And thinkering with stuff can add up quite fast.

Yep alot easier and dont forget to replace the timing belt while the head is of. A bit more labour but might aswell as half of the job is for it is already done anyway.

Back