wild camshaft

Hi everyone,
i have got a reground cam for my k10 ma1.0 micra,i will give specs later,i would just like to
know if i now need to fit a rev limiter to the car as it will be reving a lot higher up at the top
end,that is high up in the rev range,i dont want to blow my rebuilt engine!,l.o.l any suggestions
and comments please???,thanks..

Fit a rev gauge and change gear sensibly?

Why would it rev higher? Wouldn't a cam change just increase power throughout the rev range slightly?

Thanks skymeara,this cam is ground for top-end power so low down power will be lost a little to benefit
the top-end range,so my understanding is more valve lift and longer duration equals more power,more
power equals more revs?,maybe FRANK the MAN COULD SHED MORE LIGHT ON THIS!,what do
you say then Frank????...

Thanks skymeara,this cam is ground for top-end power so low down power will be lost a little to benefit
the top-end range,so my understanding is more valve lift and longer duration equals more power,more
power equals more revs?,maybe FRANK the MAN COULD SHED MORE LIGHT ON THIS!,what do
you say then Frank????...
yes you,re gonna get serious valvebounce now mate, dual springs and a limiter of some sort

Back