wideband

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Not unless you also have a simulated narrow band signal to feed back into the stock ecu, which only some wideband systems have, not all, and if you understood none of that, your in trouble already.

In short, a stock micra computer will always need the original O2 signal to run properly, wideband is nice and all, if you like pretty numbers to look at, or have something to feed it into, but what were you aiming for with a wideband in the first place?.

CMF_pritesh

» CMF Member
ive got a turbo setup and need it for tuning.

well i unplugged it and drive the car, after like 15mins or so the car started to stall, is this because i removed it?

when i leave it connected and im trying to make alteraions the ecu keep adjusting the afr when removed it works for a little while then cuts out and doesnt start until car has cooled down

isnt there some way of bypasing it, theres 3 wires on the plug?
ive heard you can bypass it but dont know exactly how to

anyone know?

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
I'm really not sure what your doing, it's likely you have not given enough info here to give you any type of answer you need.

One thing is for sure, the stock ecu 'needs' a narrowband signal, you talk about bypassing it, but you can't bypass something the ech 'needs' to run properly, a car computer runs an engine based off info it gets from set inputs, take away one and generally it will fault or stop running.

Likewise you bought a wideband for tuning?, but what are you trying to tune?, using what, doing what, in what way, because as far as I know you can't really tune the stock ecu.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Bishop WROTE:

"Likewise you bought a wideband for tuning?, but what are you trying to tune?, using what, doing what, in what way, because as far as I know you can't really tune the stock ecu.

He may have a Nistune chip/daughterboard installed in his stock ECU.

---dens

Back