Wide arch- tarmac spec- micra

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
Finally got my wheels on the Wide Arch Micra...

They are Borbet Type T- Super lightweight. 14''x9'' ET15

with Falken 195-45-14 STRETCHED Across!!!.. cheers Elliot!!

dscn27241ta.jpg

dscn27367jg.jpg

dscn27378ro.jpg

Just goes to show what can be done with a micra!!!

Uk rally styling with also a Euro look!.....

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i think you need some wider tyres on those wheels. i know form experience of having thin tyres one wider wheels, go near a kerb and the wheel gets eaten apart. looks like on the pic the rim protector is just inside the the protrusion the the actual wheel rim?
what are the specs of the wheels and tyres out of interest?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
a 195 on a 9" rim would be dangerous to drive at any speed on. its well overstrained. what kind of tyres are you choosing for them? you might be ok to go slow on them to the tyre garage to get them put on. be careful though.
7.5 " is the maximum permitted rim size for a 195/45/15 tyre. as advised by the manufacturers. i was running a 165/50/15 on 6.5" rim and was just over the limit (by 1/2"), could get away with it in handling use/load, still scraped wheels on a kurb though. but 1.5" over limit! its a nono.

Attachments

• 12983.gif
    12983.gif
    74.9 KB · Views: 48

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
need edit button, sorry. you got 14" setup i see. same max rim width applies though 7.5" on a 195/45/14 tyre. for 9" wheels you need a 225 width tyre or more. dont know what choice there is on a 14" rim though.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
as i was interested my self i have found some for you.
Dunlop
Summer tyres SP SPORT 9000
225/40 R14 82V Rim-protection *
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 81.60

Toyo
Summer tyres PROXES T1-R
225/40 R14 82V Rim-protectionleiste *
With mytyres.co.uk only £ 51.70

free delivery.

these would be the perfect tyres for your wheels. with just the right amount of load spread over them. would be no handling issues. plenty of grip of course!

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
possibly may be an upgrade later on...

Ive been on several VW forums and thay seem to be fine with the idea of my streched tires.. those germans invented the look...

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
had a look on the borbet website, couldnt find weights of them. say they only make them in on a 14" wheel in these sizes. maybe its old information.
Design T
7J x 14H2 ET 25, 35
125.00 euro
8J x 14H2 ET 15, 20
134.00 euro

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
I made arrangments with the seller and he claimed he could get me 'Type t' with 9'' rim and et 15....

Neither were advertised, but when they arrived.. low and behold 9'' rim and et15..

CMF_kristian...

» CMF Member
are you interested in a set?

ill check that defo...

These are the 2nd set of Borbet type T's ive had..

1st were 15x7... but needed the width and wanted the car a little lower you see.. for amazing grip..

Back