Who Plays Minecraft?

Anyone? I've been an avid player since 2011 and have run a few servers. If anyone has any cool builds, post them here.

I've enjoyed many of the updates. Some of them have been a bit bad though, like the update that made boats really flimsy so you can't make awesome water slides anymore.

I was proper into the redstone comunity, until they started ruining the way minecarts worked... I miss minecart boosters! My brother soldiered on building computers, but decided IRL computers were more fun.

They're adding more things into the redstone to make it better, but I'd hear of people making redstone contraptions that span thousands of blocks and a single update would break the whole thing.

They're adding more things into the redstone to make it better, but I'd hear of people making redstone contraptions that span thousands of blocks and a single update would break the whole thing.
Yup. Basically. That and block updates only occur in one chunk by default, so circuits spanning multiple chunks don't work.

I believe there are ways of keeping chunks loaded (multiple players etc). I was under the impression that circuits still operate, but you can't *see* any outputs, such as lamps or pistons extending for example unless that chunk is loaded.

So if you push a button whilst in a chunk that powers a load of repeaters that go out into the distance (into unloaded chunks), turn around, come back and play a note block next to where you're standing, it should still work.

Back