Micragirl's micra is up for sale

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Hi guys, just wondering if you would all spread the word that the little mic is for sale.

1995 Micra SLX Forest Green
COLD Air Conditioning (belts recently been replaced)
Power Steering
Tinted Windows
Rear sunvisor
6 stacker Kenwood cd player/tape deck (plays burnt cd's)
Dash mat
Austar 13" alloy wheels (been on the car 3 years)
Sports exhaust
Driving lights
137,000 klms on the clock

I have had this car since brand new, its never been in an accident, ever, and the paintwork is just brilliant.

Not sure if I want to advertise it on carsales.com.au, I thought I would let the site know that its available first, as I want to see her go to a good home.

I am asking $4200-00 with a roadworthy certificate, the members from the Brisbane cruises will remember that she is in good condition.

I have a couple of weeks to sell the car, so if anyone is interested, let them know that I am happy for them to inspect/test drive most days/nights. Just post here any comments/suggestions you may have.

Thanks guys,

Micragirl (Caroline)

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Yeh I am, but if I can't get good $$$ for the mic I will be keeping her, rather than let some wholesale yard get her for nicks then sell her off for a juicy fat profit. That's just plain rude to treat a micra in such an undignified way.....

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow I never thought I would see the day! Big news Micragirl!

Someone get this car cared for by a true micra lover.

cisco

» CMF Member
Wow that's kewl.. Save some serious weight and space doing that..

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
Yeh no spare wheel but I am told most of the car manufacturers are going that way now. I'll still get a spare/space saver though I think in case I actually shred the tyre. Perhaps thats why I want to hang on to the mic, as a spare car in case the Swift lets me down lol...The reason (they say) for no spare tyre is the design of the twin exhausts, there's no room for a spare in the floor of the hatch...tried to get a discount for the lack of spare but to no avail...lol...though the car salesman thought it was a pretty funny suggestion. I am reservedly nervous about getting the Swift Sport, unlike the uncontainable excitement I felt when buying the mic, couldn't sleep, couldn't think of anything until delivery, but the Swift has taken so long to come to fruition I think I can't believe its actually finally happening. Anyway, the good news is that the other members of the car family in this household are too long for the garage so I think the pearl white swift and the forest green mic will look pretty cute side by side, one throw rug should cover both of them at night to keep them warm... :p

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Of all the small cars the Suzuki has the best shape by far.Thats to my tired old eyes anyway so I agree with your choice micragirl.I am sure the Suzuki and the Micra will be good friends. Let us know your driving impression of the Suzuki after you get the feel of it.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
I've had a few test drives so far, I was playing one dealer against the other trying to get the best, the dealer I am buying the car off let me take it out into the hills and we gave it some "stick", I was changing every gear without letting the revs go under 4000, and it felt great, unlike the first dealer who wouldn't let me go over 60 lol...it has noticeably more pick up than the mic, stiffer suspension, when I get it I might take a run down to Sydney and back to sort it out for myself. I have tired old eyes too, White Knight, maybe that's the appeal. :) Thanks for your good wishes too by the way, there's a lot of criticism of the Sport, when people really should go and test drive one before they pass judgement.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Its sad to say, but Nissan have missed the boat not having a Micra replacement on the market. Tiida? Got to be joking.

Once I complete the conversion of the Micra to a more motorsport focused car I will possibly be taking a very close look at a Suzuki Sport as a replacement. I love having a small, nimble, fun car to drive and I think the Suzuki might fit the bill. Sorry Nissan.

Let us know how you go with the new car, micragirl (soon to be suzukigirl?).

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
All the super S does is attract a higher price for any parts and present a huge difficulty for finding spare parts.

The SLX will be cheaper to maintain in the long term, IMO.

CMF_Akuma

» CMF Member
Cheers micragirl I passed them onto my bro

btw have you considered a Polo TDI over the Suzuki Sport. The TDI has about the same fuel economy as the micra 5ltr/100k or something. I think the Suzuki is up around the 7ltr mark. The TDI also has 240Nm of torque compared to the Suzuki's sports 184 Nm.
You can also pick the TDI up for around the 24k mark drive away

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Hey Micragirl if your after any extras for your new ride check out www.suzukisport.com.au they have some factory options available aswell as coilovers, turbo kit (105kw ATW), 6 pot break upgrades and drum to disc rear ends.

Its a pity the micra didn't have a site like this available.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
Akuma WROTE:

"Cheers micragirl I passed them onto my bro

btw have you considered a Polo TDI over the Suzuki Sport. The TDI has about the same fuel economy as the micra 5ltr/100k or something. I think the Suzuki is up around the 7ltr mark. The TDI also has 240Nm of torque compared to the Suzuki's sports 184 Nm.

You can also pick the TDI up for around the 24k mark drive away

the swift sport has 184nm from the na 1.6? that sounds too high to me, you think?
would have thought 155nm at most.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"Hey Micragirl if your after any extras for your new ride check out <a href="http://www.suzukisport.com.au" title="http://www.suzukisport.com.au" target="_blank">www.suzukisport.com.au</a> they have some factory options available aswell as coilovers, turbo kit (105kw ATW), 6 pot break upgrades and drum to disc rear ends.

Its a pity the micra didn't have a site like this available.
the sport comes with rear discs as standard, one of the reasons i liked the suzuki. the 17" wheels put me off though.

CMF_Nissanmania

» CMF Member
Test drove a Swift Sport today - very nice. One of many options to replace Micra when it becomes too racy for my wife!

I liked the suspension - firm but not bouncy with very little roll. Little understeer when pushed through a roundabout. Even though it had only done 25kms on the odometer (I was first one to do a test drive at this dealership!) the salesman didn't mind me taking it for a "proper" drive. So it will probably get better as it loosens up a bit. Brakes were very nice and power is nice without being over the top - no torque steer noticed.

Only downside I could see is no traction control/ESP/LSD/Cruise control that others in this class have - eg Polo GTI - though this is more expensive (by $3,000) and only has 2 doors. Drove the Polo GTI as well - amazingly, Swift Sport handles as well as the VW but the Polo GTI is way more powerful and torquey.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
thats good micragirl they must respect the inteligence of the australian customers. i wonder if you get the same factory car as we will, we get ours later this month. but the spec is different, as traction control and exp etc are all standard. and its one of the gripes of the test reviewers. your lucky to not have those things as standard, i definately dont want a car ever with those things on. just starting to get used to abs, which is "ok" i think so far. safe but takes a certain edge out of driving.
anyway i like the look of the swift and when i drove a tiny 1.0 it was fun and handled well. good luck with your nice new car.

CMF_Andrew

» CMF Member
Yom WROTE:
Don't let a little thing like states get in your way. It is worth travelling interstate to get a good example of a micra like this one.

Its a nice idea, but the Gold Coast is 2200kms+ away, depending on the route. It'd be at least $250+accommodation, and three days. Then there is the day getting it registered (no rwc would be necessary though). Or you could stick it on a train or something, but that is not cheap.
It'd have to be selling at a substantial discount for it to be worth it. :(

Back