which one is better ??????

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
hey peeps sorry if this has been asked but which one would be better ??

53fc_1_sbl.jpg

f8ad_1.jpg

or would a pannel filter with better cold air feed be better ??

thanx for any replys peeps

ken

Are they oem kits or branded ones? The top one should see some improvement in low down torque. Not sure about the bottom.

Don't get the top one there not actually for the K11 I got caught out by it had to mess about for ages getting it to sit properly and as soon as i got my new micra it wouldn't fit at all not enough room for it.

The second appears to be a cold air feed/ ram pipe type of setup. Will make your engine bay sparkly if your into your blingbling lols.

TBH anything is an improvement over standard.

Nope. However the induction setup on mine gave an improvement over standard, proven and tested on the dyno with different pipe lengths to boost torque between 1.5k and 3k rpm :)

Care to share how big your piping is? :p
I think i read somewhere that the volume between the TB and filter should be the same as the engine size, so 1.3l? Or was that not true?

Something along the lines of that. I know that it uses the second and fifth harmonics of the pipe in order the increase to torque. Ram air theory...

<<<< See my profile pic

so if i get a K&N panel filter with that second one aranged towards the front of my car that would give the better gains

Something along the lines of that. I know that it uses the second and fifth harmonics of the pipe in order the increase to torque. Ram air theory...

<<<< See my profile pic

Second and fifth??

The best gains will (I reckon) be had by ducting some air to an enlarged airbox opening, would be nice to do some testing on it, but that is amaybe a job for the summer...

the second one is better. you don't want to have an open filter in the engine bay because you will suck in hot air from the engine bay.

the best option would be to have a filter right on the top of the TB that sticks out of the bonnet, because you get a nice cold air feed that is isolated from the engine by the bonnet, but it is still the shortest distance to the TB

I got 1.657 or something :p
I did it from 1275 rather than 1300 though :)

I need to move some bits around my bay though, damn it!

I basically wrote the book on ram air theroy, just wondering how you can have an even and odd harmonic?

I basically wrote the book on ram air theroy, just wondering how you can have an even and odd harmonic?

:laugh:

I'll try and find out some more details about it. I was talking out of my arse and it was late, I meant 2nd and 4th :). The intake length was calculated to boost low end performance.

Results with Apexi SAFC:

rockyrr3Custom.jpg

Back