Which is better?

Hi,

I'm Tommi and I'm new to the forum, but I thought some you guys would be able to help me out.

Me and my dad are hoping to be building a Micra K11 for the Junior 1000 Rally Championship, and I was just wondering which car would be better. The Micra K11 or the newer K11C Facelift models? I am told that the earlier K11 is lighter, is that right? Also, is the engine from the K11C Facelift more powerful? I was just thinking because we could have a lightweight K11 with a slightly more powerful engine which would be good.

Thanks, Tommi.

hi tommi :) the post 2000 coilpack 1.0 has another 5hp according to the figures, but they,re a bit more limited in terms of tuning
and the difference in weight is down to the factory fitted extra,s really (sunroof, p/a/s etc)
what mods are allowed in your class ?

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Everything has to remain pretty standard, except for brakes, suspension, exhaust etc and obviously I'll need a cage.

But engine and gearbox have to stay standard, BUT, all K11s of any age are considered same, so would it be worth swapping the more powerful 2000 coil pack for the older K11 engine and having the coil pack engine in the older car?

Thanks

it would,nt be worth swapping over really tommi, they,re the same shell basically, but they have many different components (different sensors, looms, ecu,s etc)
i would just get a base model coilpack one personally, and the coilpack exhaust has a more restrictive cat, so you can make some extra gains there eh, and the facelift 1.0 diff is lower/better suited for you

Back