Which NGK Plug?

TriNode

Ex. Club Member
I've been searching the forum for the correct spark plug to use in my 1.3 GX, haynes say's some champion ones... do they have shares in champion?

anyhoo, what NGK part number should I be going for? I'd be insterested in both standard and iridium ones (the iridium ones made a noticable difference in my yamaha)

Cheers!

Edit: found the regular part numbers:
Champion RC10YCC4
NGK: BKR5E-11

can't seem to find anywhere that would give me an iridium equivalent though

the best plugs are the one's you can get from nissan, think last time i went the total cost was £8.80 for a set. Over the years people have tried many different brands of plugs but the firm favourite is the oem one's as they always prove themselves

are they not either of the ones I typed above?

Last nissan dealer I saw was 200+ miles away (went to get some alloys :D)

Do you have the part number of those plugs?

I was once supplied the completely wrong plugs for my other car, since then I like to know what part I should be getting rather than rely on the advice of the guy at the counter.

Not at home so i dont have the part numbers, im sure some lovely person will give the info soon. Think Halfrauds sell the same plugs if there is one near you. If not i can post you some plugs from Nissan when i return from holiday but that won't be for another 10 days

the best plugs are the one's you can get from nissan, think last time i went the total cost was £8.80 for a set. Over the years people have tried many different brands of plugs but the firm favourite is the oem one's as they always prove themselves

I wonder what is different with the Nissan and NGK.
Are they both gapped @ 1.1?

Thanks.
Do you know what the nissan ones are pre-gapped to?

Cheers,
Ed

not sure as we never had to set 'em at nissan cos we used the pre set ones, i thought it was 1.0mm, but i think it says 1.1mm in haynes manual, but don't quote me on that. lol

Back