Bad fuel consumption or fuel calculation wrong

I checked the other threads about fuel consumption but recently I serviced the car, changed oil filter, oil, air filter, spark plug's except for the fuel filter.

Before the service I was always getting 100 for the tenner. Now it seems as if I can only get around 60-65.

The tyres are inflated correctly.
Changed spark plugs again advised by the merchant (he said no gapping is required as the NGK BKR5E-11 come pre-gapped)

Can someone tell me how to reset the ECU? I've read this can help.

One more question, in the manual it say's this is a 42 litre tank, how much is it really and how do I avoid over filling.

Thankyou.

yeh i've got the same issue here, i have a 1.0 k11 shape. The car has always given me 70 miles to about a 10.5 litres of fuel.

You cant really overfill because it'l just go up the filler neck and all over the forecourt floor! Putting too much in won't do any harm.

Its probably not best to calculate fuel consumption based on 100 miles, but fill her up and run it to emptyish, then do the same a few times over. Record the milage each time and see if it's about right, or varying. What engine do you have?

if your lamda sensor is,nt working you car will drink fuel, is your tail pipe jet black inside?
if you tap a multimeter into the black middle wire on the exh lamda sensor (common lead to earth) it should read about .5v when cruising, more when accelerating and less when lifting

frank

my gosh i get about 240 miles to 34 litres hmmm might explain why its so powerfull lol maybe it has got a invisable fuel gremlin in my tank!(runs and checks) DAMN YOU TAX FUEL DUTY THINGY GREMLIN!*BANG*

mpg

my gosh i get about 240 miles to 34 litres hmmm might explain why its so powerfull lol maybe it has got a invisable fuel gremlin in my tank!(runs and checks) DAMN YOU TAX FUEL DUTY THINGY GREMLIN!*BANG*

Im getting about what your getting, I put in around 34 - 36 liters, basically top up until I feel the click. I got about 266 then it went on reserves, this is rubbish mpg, I don't know what happened to my car since the service. Recently a mechanic put some Castrol oil and some champion NGK spark plugs, runs much more smooth and better than before mpg is slightly better. But I expect at least 330 miles on a tank of 35 liters on this size car before I need to top up. Im thinking of getting a golf mk4 diesel 1.9 tdi. Micra seems to be good for the time being for a - b and parking. When I first got I was always getting 100 miles for a tenner at a price of 97p a litre.

By the way nissanmicrak12 are you talking about the consumption on the k12 or k11.

I average around 36mpg from my car, which is very good for my state of tune. I'm sure I would scrape into the 40's on a very long motorway run but I doubt it. This can easily drop into the mid 20's if I decide to be heavy footed.

Incidentally the K11 does have a 42litre tank but I know very few people who can get close to that in the tank due to breather problems. Apparently if has been corrected on later K11's but I don't know when. Most K11's have a kink in the breather pipe, as it was made too long, which means most people only get around 28-34 litres in the tank. I usually get 28-30 if I run it until the light comes on.

100miles to £10 is very good, 60-65 is bad but it's only accurate to measure average fuel economy on a full fill up, as this can lead to innaccurate results. For example short trips around town with lots of stopping and starting will lead to lower mpg's than say a long trip on the motorway at sensible speed.

I filled my K11 up here for the grand total of €46.87 @ 114.9 which would equate to a touch over 40 litres, and I was just in the red zone. Is 42 litres the be all and end all, or is there any reserve in them ? I'm getting about 55MPG on longish journeys and 49 or so around town at the likes.

Wont be complaining.

more bad mpg

I think I just got 120 miles for 20 liters of petrol (to reserve light). I'm gonna send it to the mechanic, this is too expensive.

Back