Which anti-roll bar for rear?

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
I'd recommend the 22mm one without a doubt. I have a CG13DE powered K11 and I'm running the 20mm swaybar on it's highest setting and finding it's not enough on the circuit.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah good advice. Definintely go the thicker one. Its other settings are still 18 and 20mm anyway, which overlaps a lot with the skinnier bar, but you get the hardcore 22mm setting :) I always had mine on that, loved it :)

smidge

» CMF Member
any particular down side to running such a fat rear bar?

i'd like to do this in conjunction with some new shocks, whiteline control springs also

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
There isn't really a downside to running a big bar on the K11. The only thing I could possibly imagine being mentioned is that the rear end will tend to snap out on you when you pass the critical grip point on the rear, rather than gradually cause the front end to wash out as it does with the standard anti-roll bar. However, setup to whitelines specifications the cars remain very balanced.

Just build up to it until you are used to the way the car behaves and you'll love it! If you've not run anything other than the standard anti-roll bars, you're in for a hell of a suprise.....the difference in handling is quite shocking.

One recommendation is to go for the rose-jointed rear droplinks, the standard ones don't tend to last very long with the increased loads they see from such a big bar.

smidge

» CMF Member
cool i'll look into it

its weird spending almost half the value of the car on suspension mods! very worth it though i'm sure

shocks and springs are first step though, 200,000km old :|

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
If you go to the Whiteline site they have a table that shows what percentage in stiffness you get from an 20 mm bar to a 22mm bar.

My red car ran 22mm and has broken the mounts I reckon it's too heavy for the car. My other has the 20mm and they are fine.

Depends also if you are talking road use or circuit work.

Mychael

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
Yeah, my car's setup for the track. 1st time I went out with the 20mm bar on the back with standard droplinks, they failed about 1/2 way through the day grrr! You just don't get sustained cornering forces on the road like you do on a circuit......well not unless you're nuts behind the wheel ;)

Back