Where have all the K10s gone?

16vFig

Ex. Club Member
Spent all morning yesterday calling every breakers from Soho to Brighton, not one of them had a K10. Does anyone know of any K10s being broken in the Sussex, Surrey, Kent area?

what bits you after, someone might be able to help???

I've posted in the Wanted section.

Basically I've blown up my wife's Figaro one last time so I've dropped in a 1.3 K11 and 5 speed.
The Figaro has a K10 floor pan so the K10 shifter bolts right in and it even has the holes to mount the K10 clutch pedal even though all Figaros were originally auto.
So what I'm after is the K10 shifter and linkage, as well as the K10 clutch pedal.

Don't bother calling Bridges in Crawley because they always tell me they haven't got any and everytime I go there... they have one. Sounds like someone there aced a business skills BTEC :glare:

In the main area towards the back they have a red 1.0 J-reg K10. It was in a pretty sorry state but I think it had the pedals, linkage and shifter. Like I said tho, 4-speed (not sure that matters).

I've posted in the Wanted section.

Basically I've blown up my wife's Figaro one last time so I've dropped in a 1.3 K11 and 5 speed.
The Figaro has a K10 floor pan so the K10 shifter bolts right in and it even has the holes to mount the K10 clutch pedal even though all Figaros were originally auto.
So what I'm after is the K10 shifter and linkage, as well as the K10 clutch pedal.

so you did, i posted on that thread too lol,

so what you done re turbo and that with the cg engine?

you will also need to mod the k10 shifter to make it fut the k11 box.

also how do you blow up an almost indestructible engine?

Don't bother calling Bridges in Crawley because they always tell me they haven't got any and everytime I go there... they have one. Sounds like someone there aced a business skills BTEC :glare:

In the main area towards the back they have a red 1.0 J-reg K10. It was in a pretty sorry state but I think it had the pedals, linkage and shifter. Like I said tho, 4-speed (not sure that matters).

Ha ha! Yes, I called Bridges and they told me they didn't have one. Maybe he doesn't know what a K10 is so gives the default response, 'computer says no':doh:

I'm pretty sure I spent 5mins on the phone last time explaining what a K10 was and how to distinguish it from a K11 and whatever the hell else he had pictured in his head. Then when I got there and saw the guy and told him there was a K10 he seemed to realise his mistake. Obviously not. I'm starting to think something weird is going on because I called three months ago, same story and what do you know... a different little red K10 in the middle of the yard. Hmmmm. fwn

Anyway join that group I invited you to and if I see anything you're after I'll let you know.

so you did, i posted on that thread too lol

I thought you had!

so what you done re turbo and that with the cg engine?

I'm not going turbo. The power and torque from the CG13 is the same as the ME10ET (well, according to Wikipedia it is). However, I can see from reading stuff on here there's some blower buffoonery to be had with the CG13, so that may be a later project!

you will also need to mod the k10 shifter to make it fut the k11 box.

Yeh, I've got the K11 shifter out of the donor car I bought for the engine, box, ecu, loom, etc. so I'm hoping to just weld the K11 end on the K10 shifter.

also how do you blow up an almost indestructible engine?

I suppose the short answer is, 'because I drive like a c***'!

Longer answer is, they're really not that indesctructable. Figaros are dropping like flies with the same problem of pins going tight in the pistons. This causes rubbing on the thrust side, loads of heat causing pre-ignition which spark-errodes the crown. I've done two engines in the last 18-months and a set of pistons and rings alone is £500. At the end of the day the stock Figaro set up of ME10ET and slush box returns 30mpg on a good day; that's just not good enough. I get 26mpg out of my V8 '65 Mustang and I know what I'd rather be driving. I'm hoping the CG13 and 5-speed will give me at least 40mpg, unless anyone knows different?

Back