Where have all the competition bits gone

CMF_m-hayes

» CMF Member
Where have all the competition bits gone? There have been loads of Micra Rally cars. I've got my rally car handling well, but the standard engine isn't up the job. The post 98 1.0 gearbox has improved things, but I need more. But like everyone in rallying there is a lack of funds. There have been loads of MICRA Rally cars built but there never seems to be any second hand bits for sale. Where have they all gone?

CMF_Ollie240585 MSC

» CMF Member
Alessandro, Maniflow Manifold will not wit with Air-Con, neither will Janspeed.

You will either need a custom one, or I think there is an option in Japan for a manifold that will fit around air-con, but not certain on that!

CMF_Madrabbit

» CMF Member
Micra's are becoming more prominent in UK rallying, but like we found when we were building our rally Micra, finding parts and getting information is hard work. Matt Humphris in Oxford is a mine of information and a good source for parts, but it all comes down to money.
We run a CG13DE engine totally standard except for a Janspeed Manifold and a slightly lightened flywheel. The lack of power is offset by the Harry Hockley straight cut, close ratio gear kit and Gripper LSD. It makes a huge difference. 0-60 MPH on tarmac with slicks is about 7-ish seconds. The downside is the car tops out at 92 MPH with the standard ECU limiter, but it seems to suit the venues that we race at. Again it comes down to money, we were advised (by Matt Humphris) to go for the gearbox first and then engine modifications later, and I'm glad we listened.
We also have Bilstein Challenge spec. dampers and Whiteline Anti-roll bars fitted to the car and we are quicker through some of the chicanes than a lot of the faster more powerful but heavier cars :)

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Thats awesome madrabbit.. I wish I could get my micra to sprint from 0 to 60mph in under 8 seconds.

Won't be happening without more traction and more power (as proper weight loss is not really a viable option for a daily driver).

Back