Changing tyres/Track session : Is it worthy?

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
Hi fellows, I just wanted to know your opinion about changing my tyres especially those running at track sessions.

I currently have Michelin eco saver 155 70 13 fitted on my Aquarius alloys. The tyres still have plenty of thread, and are ok for casual drive but they have almost no grip in the wet.

I recently bought a cheap set of mint Super S alloys with 4 worn tyres. I was thinking about buying 4 new Uniroyal Rainexpert 175 60 13, especially for the short track session (15MIN IIRC) that will be held at PPC the next month. But I'm a bith tight on money and the cheapest for the 4 tyres fitted is 250eur.

The Uniroyal have better grip, are a bit wider and sidewall a bit shorter, but they still are ROAD tyres; so do you think it's worthy to spend 250eur for upgrading with better road tyres?

Any advice / alternative options appreciated.

Is it going to be only one x 15mins track ? If you going to use new tyres then your front tyres will be slightly worn out.

What about 175/60/13? ( you can get cheap tyres with this tyre profile) Apparently, you will get more grip to brake.

Back