Where can I buy high flow exhaust brisbane

CMF_Akuma

» CMF Member
I went down to my local performance exhaust shop to get a quote on 4-2-1 extractors, high flow cat, high flow 2" exhaust and canon. He said cause I got air con he can't do the extractors. He said he would do the high flow cat, high flow 2" exhaust and canon for $800. This seems a bit high to me. Also is it worth just doing the cat and exhaust, will I get much more power from just doing this??

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
And $800 is ridiculous.

Where are you located in brissy?

Oh also have a look at white knight's engine bay pictures and also ghetto micra's pictures. They have both done something about moving the alternator out further. I would do something like this as well..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Try noyzworks (i think thats the name)

They're somewhere on the northside and I hear nothing but praise about the work these guys do. They take alot of pride in their work and no job is too small!

Attachments

• 12243.jpg
    12243.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 32

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
was that mild steel or stainless? was it mandrel or press bends?

depending what it is $800 might be ok lol.

$200 for high flow cat
$300 for labour (tig)
$150 for muffler
$400 for pipe

hmm **** i spent a lot on my exhaust.

cisco

» CMF Member
Yeah I definately wouldn't say $800 is ridiculous. There is so much variation in parts and brands and quality etc.

Could be using decent brand mufflers, even if its not stainless, its not totally ridiculous. There is a fair bit of work involved to do a whole system.

But you can save a fair bit of cash by going to wreckers and finding factory spec but larger mufflers and sections from late model cars that have been in accidents. Because they are large etc, they should flow well on a small engine, and also keep things pretty quiet. Depends what you want of course. You can pick up a top range of mufflers from wreckers for very very cheap! Something off a commodore or falcon should flow pretty well on your 1.3.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Try Right Price Exhausts on Moss St Slacks Creek.

There opposite Autobarn and do jobs for some of the local performance shops,Not the cheapest but i no i'd perfere to get it done right the first time.

My brotherinlaw tryed to save afew bucks on his system and has been back 3 or 4 times because it was a cheap **** job..

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Wow there's some decent exhausts coming out of that place?

When they first opened I saw nothing but horror stories about the quality of the workmanship at right price in moss street.

good to know they've picked up their game!

CMF_jamm'n

» CMF Member
Well i had mine custom made at Mr Muffler in MacGregor, and i'm very happy with their work. they made my manifold, its a 4-1, this might have been the easy option for them at the time but i'm not bothered. i love my car and the exhaust note is magic :-D
good luck finding a place your happy with.

CMF_rocket

» CMF Member
I have had a few exhausts fitted at Right Price and they tend to do a good job my last one only cost $195 from cat back. I have also got one done at lee's exhaust when i had the gold micra they where good to but more expensive both are on moss street, have no complaints with either shop, just have a look around.

Back