Where to have my exhaust done in Brisbane?

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Hey guys, I'm looking to get my exhaust replaced on my micra. Looking to get extractors but none of the shops in my home town will do it becase I have aircon.

So to anyone who has had it done please help me out! Also I gather I'm going to need a tune so it would be handy if the shop did the tune as well or if there was somewhere to tune it close by?

Oh, and it might be a month or so until I get this done.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Polarbear WROTE:

" Also I gather I'm going to need a tune so it would be handy if the shop did the tune as well or if there was somewhere to tune it close by?

Not necessarily. There's plenty of people that have been running around with decent N/A exhaust systems without the need for a tune - after I got extractors + 2" Mandrel-bent exhaust done (w/ modified air intake) I got it put on a dyno to check AFRs and they were fine. Been running with that setup on that engine for 20,000+kms and haven't had an issue yet. You might want to do the same before worrying about remaps or piggyback units (not that I'd recommend the latter).

Are you looking to actually get extractors made up from scratch or are you looking to modify existing ones?

---dens

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Cookies exhaust in Wynnum did mine, I had the impul extractors which apparently were meant to work with aircon, but i still had to 'nudge' one of the aircon pipes away a bit.

Cookies were honest, good price and quick so I'm happy. Things to take note:

O2 sensor may need extending depending on what set of extractors you have

The alternator mounts will need some spacers but in, I had to put it about a 4cm spacer with bigger bolts.

Matt

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
Thanks for the info guys.

When I was reading the info I could find pertaining to extractors and aircon I only found bits that said it would fit but you may have to nudge an aircon pipe somewhat. Is this true for the extractors you can easily buy? Hurricane was the only sort we could get back in rocky.

Would Cookies exhaust be able to source the extractors as well as fit them for me?

CMF_climberjoel

» CMF Member
Impuls were made to fit air con that why it only needs some minor work to fit as 33driver said but hurricane need allot more .i.e. dinting/bending/cutting and rewelding the 4th (or first?? I dont know how you number them) extractor pipe - sometimes it ends up looking real bodge and cant be good for flow.

i know nsm can get the hurricane ones so check his prices first

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Dyno Tunz is where "Turbo March Rolling Shell" works who did my pipework on my micra turbo and who will be doing my next car! And they tune in house to, I'm sure you remember the red micra?? You will not be able to pick at his work at all!

CMF_33driver

» CMF Member
Cookies can get the hurricane ones, but I don't think they were real keen on modding the at pipework. I think most companies were like that simply because its hard to qoute on something you haven't seen or done before. If you were to get the hurricane extractors first then take it to an exhaust shop you might have better luck.

CMF_Polarbear

» CMF Member
What sort of advantages can I expect if I leave the stock manifold and change the rest of the exhaust? Less I know but will it still be a marked improvement? I'm just kinda starting to give up on the idea of extractors if it's that much dicking about.

Back