When i get bored...

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
i was bored trying to de-knacker my pc... i fixed it but that wasn't good enough for me...

here is what happened when i took a dremal to the hard disk :D

Attachments

• 17-11-06_1250.jpg
    17-11-06_1250.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 17-11-06_1251.jpg
    17-11-06_1251.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 206
Lol is that a clear plastic covering?

I smashed one up a couple of weeks back, cant believe how strong the disks are! Also i saw a pretty cool video of someone who'd opened one up while it was still spinning, and the disks rolled out all over the place.. lol.

I smashed one up a couple of weeks back, cant believe how strong the disks are! Also i saw a pretty cool video of someone who'd opened one up while it was still spinning, and the disks rolled out all over the place.. lol.

LMAO :)

i cut a hole in the metal cover and glued a peice of perspex over the hole then i covered the window with masking tape and sprayed it blue :) oh and i put a blue LED inside as well :D

you have to make sure that it is completly dust free or it knackers the drive lol

That would be this video:
[640flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/yISqCAnROh8[/640flash]

It's very cool!

pmsl classic!hard drive mods are common at LAN paries although do practise first on an older drive as you can't get dust on the head

Dust will have got in anyway. Don't expect that drive to last as long though you may be ok for a short while.

Heres some pics of a HDD i distroyed, took alot of abuse before it failed too..

Images

Dust will have got in anyway. Don't expect that drive to last as long though you may be ok for a short while.

Heres some pics of a HDD i distroyed, took alot of abuse before it failed too..

Images

lol nice :)

we have a chemical room thingy at work, something like 10 particals of dust per square meter so it should be ok.... only a 10GB crusty anyway :)

Looks pretty smart though, not a mod i'd even considered doing before - then again i dont want to wreck anymore hard drives so i dont think i'l bother either!

i did one to my cd rom drive :)

it was a laptop one and i put it in a case that had a window at the top and then just took the cover off the drive :) only thing is you get lasers comming out of the top of the case when you boot it lol,

it doesn't work with normal cd rom drives because the CD is held in by a plastic ring that is attached to the top of the case, but with laptop drives the CD just clips on to the spindle...

i have had a 50% success ratio with these hard disk mods, my first one was on a laptop drive !! and i have 3 working dirves with windows and 3 that are in the bin lol, hence the reason its a 10GB drive and not my 80GB Raptor drive!

Cool mod Nex, not something I'd do to any of mine, maybe DVD drives.

I did something similar to the video to an old HD one, was fun:D

have you tried pouring petrol on a disk while its spining and then set it on fire?

dangerous but fun :)

(don't play with matches.....send them to me and i'll pay with them for you :p)

I have blown hardrives up previously the pytotechnic way.. lol.

I have blown hardrives up previously the pytotechnic way.. lol.

lol there is something so satisfying about it :D

get 3 big fireworks rockets, 2 full spay cans and a hard disk, gaffa them all together, light and run :D:D:D

i got a video on my phone somewhere...

dude i praise you !!!! i have wanted to do this for years but my germ free enviroment was contaninated the other month ! :( take you long ?

That would be telling.. You should know by now that I'm a bit of a pyrotechnics guy!

lol pyrotechnics are great aren't they :D

just out of interest have you ever got thermite to work properly? i'd love to try some on an old hard disk but i can't get it to burn long enough...

Back