I Was Bored So I

bobsp16

Site Supporter
A couple of month ago i was given a very clean still mot j reg k10 1.0 with a tired engine so a few days ago i had nothing to do and when youve been racing k10 micra's for a few years you start accumulating some good spare's in the corner of the shed so the past few days i have been building a bit of a fast road micra.
i had a good low milage ma12 ecc engine so i replaced the head with one that i had skimmed 50 thou,3 angle valva seats and fitted a piper cam that i had still bran new in its box that mark swopped me for a inlet manifold last year,i have used the standard 1.0ltr carb inlet and exhaust setup and also fitted an lightend flywheel and new clutch kit with the 5 speed long ratio box. slung it all in but used the 1.0 lite bottom front pulley with the 1.0 v belt and altenater.
the suspension has turned out hard and low,front shocks are monroe gas off an mk1 xr2 with standard cut down spring and the rears are cut down gas kyb with short spax springs.
finnished it all off this morning took it out for a spin and its not slow for a 1.2 and really handles well, when my racing ends this season which is soon i will fit my inlet manifold weber carb and 4/2/1 exhaust system and bring it along to one of these meets
27-Picture%20413.jpg

28-Picture%20415.jpg

21-Picture%20416.jpg

13-Picture%20414.jpg

you need to start messin with the k11 stuff.....only good things come from moving forward....unless stood at the endge of a cliff...

antony_aiken said:
you need to start messin with the k11 stuff.....only good things come from moving forward....unless stood at the endge of a cliff...
sorry but i have no interest in the k11 or younger and if i didn't race k10's i probably wouldn't have anything to do with them to.
the reason why i went for this cus its pre cat on a 91 plate.
anybody interested in buying it,
it would make a good base to start something nice + the shell is very solid.

How much would i wont for it,i dont no if i get enough interest i will put it on ebay.
Ive found some alloys and some colour coded dumpers It looks alot better now ive also got the super s clocks that came out of the car that i got the engine from which had 89k..
26-Picture%20417.jpg

6-Picture%20419.jpg

24-Picture%20420.jpg

D4R73N said:
How much you looking for, and what milage on engine?

D4R73N said:
How much you looking for, and what milage on engine?

the shell is very clean and solid no rot anywere one of the best ive seen for it age only a couple of marks and very little spots of rust.it was owned by an old lady then her grand son used it to past his test.the car has done 110k but the bottom end of the engine only done 89 and also i have a receipt for the gearbox which was overhauld for £795,,wow
What would it be worth now i dont have a clue,the engine is quiet and pulls realy well now with the new fast road head and cam and rev's up very quick.
its still mot until the end of november..

Open to offers

Fordy said:
by any chance do you have another set of dials with the rev gauge in that work?

no sorry i was going to put them in this car but i shall let the person that buys it fit them also a have the full center console with digi clock can go with it..

made an inlet for it today

had a couple of days off work this week so i made an inlet for it and chris it has made a differents it does nealy 100mph in 3rd gear and pulls like hell now
4-Picture%20412.jpg

15-Picture%20416.jpg

since this didnt sell on ebay, would you sell the super s dials seperate, i would pay good money for them

antony_aiken said:
iam thinking about turboing a 1.6 k11 for autograss racing next year any idea's on what power they produce and kit prices

Back