Wheels feel off balance / dirty windscreen

P

Panjabi

Ok recently I took a sharp speed hump at 15moh when I should have done 5. Then on my way home these roadworks dudes were dropping cones / marking out the road works area. One of the cones rolled towards me and went under my tire. I ended up driving over it.

Eversince then my car has felt so shakey. Even on the smoothest of roads it feels like the back wheels have a mind of their own. So what do I need done? Wheel alignment? I know that when I drive that the car tends to go to the left slightly so I have to steer back to the right a little. Would that be steering alignment?

What cost would I be looking at? Thank you in advance!

I also need recommendations for a strong glass cleaner. Never again will I take my car to a Latvian hand car wash! I usually was it myself but I think the idiot put wax on the inside of the windscreen - he claims he picked up the wrong cloth! I used a chamouis (is that how you spell it?) to get the markings off... they seem to disappear but when I cleaned a bit with a tissue they just reappeared!!!

Auto Glym car glass polish is awesome on glass for marks and stuff

Maybe you should get your suspension, shocks aswell as springs checked out! One of them could be damaged from hitting the cone, causing the car to pull one direction.. Again wheel balancing wont hurt either.

As for cost, you'l need to ring around! Various places charge different things.. You can check the springs and shocks yourself by pressing down on the bonnet, but it might be best to get a pro to check it out

if it was there fault the cone went under your car ihope u pulled over and checked ur car out? and spoke to them, got there names and who they work for and a contact phone number/address because if u did, they have to have insurance for any accidental damage, then the cost wouldnt matter, you'd just ring and talk to them about claiming of there insurance

...edit...oh an if u can claim of there insurance, b4 u get ur car checked out, go to a scrap yard, find the token crashed boy racer car, get his broken coil overs, fit them...and say that the cone did the damage...new coil overs for u......ha!

Errm thick question but what are coil overs? I was a bit thick... I checked it out but didn't tell them to wait... talked to kwik fit and they had a look at the car.

Shocks / Suspension is fine. Back left wheel where the cone came under just needs balancing. So it is £25 fir wheel allignment and £5 for the balancing.

Brought 'Glass Cutter' from Halfords and it did the job! All that c*ap from the previous owner who smoked came off from the inside windows as did the wax. I also cleaned the outside and boy it is quite clear now. So that one is sorted. The cloth practically came off black!

Back