wheel spacer

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
you will get a lot of conflicting opinions on spacers, but i used to have my old cosmic (made by grayson nowadays) 32mm spacers on my stock ally,s, with extended high tensile bolts from the local bolt stockists
but my re-dished steelies have just the one 3mm shim spacer on the N/S/rear atm (to fine tune the panhard rod axle shift)

Attachments

• 56444.jpg
    56444.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 34

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
frank2

finally fitted my wheels with 20+ offset with 3mm spacers coz its hitting the brake calipers....anyway went to tyre shop today have wheel balancing coz i can feel a bit of vibsation when doing over 100ks...tyre says the spacer is causing the vibrations....see my car at pic thread...

CMF_BEN129

» CMF Member
i run 5mm slip ons all round on my 13x6 +10's

but my wheels have sunken wheel nuts, which means i dont lose any thread with the spacer on. lack of thread is your only drama when it comes to slip ons. i have bolt on hubcentric spacers on my skyline to clear the front brakes and have never had a drama as long as **** is tight.

CMF_1300cc

» CMF Member
BEN129 WROTE:

"i run 5mm slip ons all round on my 13x6 +10's

but my wheels have sunken wheel nuts, which means i dont lose any thread with the spacer on. lack of thread is your only drama when it comes to slip ons. i have bolt on hubcentric spacers on my skyline to clear the front brakes and have never had a drama as long as **** is tight.
are you able to post a pic of your wheel nuts? just curious how it really looks like....

CMF_baffy

» CMF Member
they work well. They go deep enough to hold a spacer in place.

I had to buy them as im running chevoit hotwires and due to being so old these are the only wheel nuts that fit.

Back