Wheel size .....Help

yes. but i wouldn't reccomend bigger wheels than 15". due to weight and overall size.

yer 5" with 40mm springs is perfrect befor you you arches made bigger!!!

16" means you will not be able to lower in without changing the arches

With the correct offset you can fit 19" with tyres on a Micra, without tyres you can fit 22" on there. Was in my local modding shop.

i agree with the right offset you can fit huge wheels without them scrubbing even when lowered. its the offset that will dictate whether they rub in the outer wing arches or not.

scottish-sr said:
With the correct offset you can fit 19" with tyres on a Micra, without tyres you can fit 22" on there. Was in my local modding shop.

why would you fit wheels with no tyres :glance:

im after 16" on my car..

although the picture attached is my car lowered on 15" hmm lol.

Attachments

• 100_2617.JPG
    100_2617.JPG
    767.7 KB · Views: 201
Andy_S said:
im after 16" on my car..

although the picture attached is my car lowered on 15" hmm lol.

16" would look good, but remember tyres are alot more expensive with them.

Its the shape of the alloys aswell, as the curve in that makes them look tiny.

From a distance my car looks really low, then you get up close and see the gap between the tyre and arch.

as usual a load of bollox in the wheel size thread!

17's with a 35mm drop dont scrub!

and if they do it will just be the arch liner which is just flimsy plastic!

i personally think a 18x7 wheel will go on with a 35mm drop if you take the inner arch liner out!

k11stew said:
as usual a load of bollox in the wheel size thread!

17's with a 35mm drop dont scrub!

and if they do it will just be the arch liner which is just flimsy plastic!

i personally think a 18x7 wheel will go on with a 35mm drop if you take the inner arch liner out!

couldnt have said it better meself! People who have no experience with anything over 15mm advising on what should and shouldnt be put on. The truth of the matter is that a 1.0l is never gonna be racing along at great speeds anyway so sticking a set of 17"s on doesnt make much difference, as Stew said 17"s go on fine and 18"s will go on with the liners out!

some k11 owners have from experience have had rubbing wheels on 17, 16 and even 15 " wheels. so you cant just say they fit no problems either. as i said its about offset. also depends on suspension setup.

my 15" actually rub on the passenger side full lock right. but then again when are you gonna full lock driving?? never lol. :)

My 15" scrub on the front passenger side on full right lock, and on the drivers side rear if I hit a big bump, but that is entirely down to the offset, my wheels were originally off a Rover 200, so the offset isn't quite right, but I'm going back down to 14" rims because of the speedo difference using 15" rims and the weight saving that you get with 14" over 15", but remember at MOT time if any tyre fouls the bodywork at all then its a fail, end of story.

andy, your down like 50mm or summit though aint ya? and sonic that sounds right, shudnt put ####ty rover wheels on ur motor - as for the speedo difference a doubt it that much coz u get thinner wheels to compensate?

yeh mine dont hit the arches i mean full lock to the right on passenger side the inside of the wheel rubber rubs against the engine crap sheild lol.

Back