whats your mileage?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
How many kilometers do you get to a tank?

SO basically, when your fuel light next comes on, fill the car up.

Take the litres reqired to fill the car up (b) and the KM you travelled on that amount of fuel (d) (when you've next filled up, do it then and reset your trip meter. Take note of the KM when you next have to put fuel in it.

Now to get down and dirty.

d/b = a

100/a = x

Where x = L/100km.

So say you read 550km when the fuel light turns on and it takes you 35L to fill up. That means that d = 550 and b = 35. Put it in the formula.

550/35 = a
a = 15.714

Now drop your a value into 100.

100/a = x
100/15.714 = x
x = 6.34

That is 6.34L/100km. Congrats if thats what you're getting because that is factory specs!

Easy.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
And the standard 95 Super S has a low-fuel light? Ive tried doing this before and I thought i was getting low but no warning lights came on... fear of running on empty got the best of me.

cisco

» CMF Member
Last time I measured blue monster I got 7.2L/100Km cruising up the Hume Highway between Canberra and Newcastle. I thought that was pretty good. That was with some occasional slight boosting, but pretty much taking it very easy.

I don't expect it would be that good around town.

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
The best that I have ever got is 700km to a tank, just under 6 litres per 100km. I have only ever achieved this once. I usually get between 6.6 and 6.8 litres per 100km

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
on the last tank i went 730km with 6litre spare.... that's
4.9 l/100 but usually i get around 6.2 l/100.... its true

i have a 125km round trip from work and back, mountain pass for have the journey and highway cruise the rest of the way.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
no! fuel reg sits on 45 psi, whatever the standard pump can supply!
I have a cold air intake right behind driver side lights using 65mm pvc piping, NO2 in all tyres. I think it happened cuz i've been running e92 for 6 months then switched back to normal 92ron, so everything must have been prestine when the normal fuel was used. plus my engine is fully run in .... 240000km (should make it worse, shouldn't it?) strange too since my oil needs changing and is dirtier than a night on the gold coast. go figure?

this tank I'm sitting on 640km no fuel light with about 2mm off the 'red line'.... and I've pushed on a bit on this tank too........

cisco

» CMF Member
Haha that's awesome aaron.

You could almost be pushing a falcon around for that :) hah.

Mine would be similarly terrible when I boost it.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Nice guages. ;)

s2 green cluster represent!

Attachments

• 11565.jpg
    11565.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 18

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
My old turbo Micra was around 10L/100km and that was boosting EVERYWHERE and it was around 8.7-9l/100km while I was *trying* to take it easy

My new car... Well lets just say I put $20 in this morning and I need to fill it up again

Sean

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
Just been to the coast and back towing trailer.
Got 5.6l/100k going down and 6.6l/100k coming back with 4 adults on board.

Attachments

• 11732.jpg
    11732.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 12

cisco

» CMF Member
Awesome effort LWC.

You can't beat the LX for lightweight efficiency can you.

Another good reason to leave a car standard also!

This thread is motivating me actually, I need to get out and remove the adjustable reg from the white super s and install the factory fuel reg and rail that I bought off evade recently. Sick of all this black unburnt fuel staining the car every single time. Only takes a couple of days after you wash it. After that, I'll measure the economy, if its still bad, I'm going to replace the O2 sensor as a starting point and see how that effects things.

cisco

» CMF Member
Cheers mate. Sounds good to me. I think I have just enough in my paypal account.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
got my idle/light loads map tuned (spent about 2 hours driving around at night with a wideband in the exhaust) and now I can easily crack 400km a tank with normal driving, bit of boost..so im quite happy now.

about a 60-70km gain from just fine tuning.

Attachments

• 13963.jpg
    13963.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 20

cisco

» CMF Member
That's awesome aaron. Great news.

Kind of cracks me when someone tunes your car and they are only worried about the power figure on the dyno at the time.

Ben who recently tuned my car also said it was running a bit too rich up top (too much safety), so he removed that and fixed it up. I now noticed ZERO black **** on the boot.

I still have a rich idle, so would love to get that sorted down the track aswell for further gains.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
ahah i still have a bit of black stuff.

do you know what afr your car is tuned to on power?

mines 12:1 on boost and 14.7 for crusing..my idle at the moment is a bit screwed up because i think the AAC valve is doing something when the cars cold (still under the stock ecu) and yeah..the idle is real high when first started. thinking of just disconnecting it and tuning the idle from that.

also does your idle change when you pump the brake? mine goes up about 500rpm if i sit there and keep pumping it..then drops back down pretty low and comes back to normal again..cause of this ive raised the idle a tad actually

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Heh.

Just put 14L ($20 of premium *grumbles*) in the micra after driving for about 30 minutes with the fuel light on :p and the needle rose to half way where it I had it filled to last time I put $20 in it.

251km out of 14L.

5.49L/100km. Sweeeeeeeet.

CMF_Ghetto Micra

» CMF Member
just got 610km out of one tank last week. light is well and truely on however. a reasonable bit of fwy driving and mostly all with a/c turned on! its the most i've ever gotten out of a tank.

recently had full exhaust system installed too.. (more fuel economy?)

last tank i put in, I got 39 litres into it. haha.. 1ltr left? damn.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
6.28l/100km!!!

Wow.

Using that ratio, i found out i could get 640km out of 40L.
BUT!!! My fuel light comes on at 510km. What gives man?
Fuel light came on after using 32-33L so still had a good 10L left, which is like, 1/4 of a tank?!

My brother gets 400km out of a 70-80L diesel tank in his 4x4
...he was in shock at my fuel consumption :D Mwuahaha.

Ps. i do ALOT of freeway/highway driving and quite a few quick take offs. Also, i have a feeling that the front tyres are under-inflated.

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
yeah thats about right, 32-33lt when the light comes on.

i wish i had your sorta fuel consumption.

my light comes on anywhere between 360-400km. dependong how i drive.

i think when i went to wakefield i got about 250km to one tank ahaha

that was on old emanage though.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
So really, you can just keep going with the fuel light on?
Technically, i should get 600km out of 37L with 5L to spare in the tank. Is this running into the danger area or running it dry?

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Wet roads really increase charlotte's fuel consumption.

Raining at 100km/hr has to be in 4th. 5th the car labours and gets bogged down heavily. Plus its not safe.

CMF_LWC

» CMF Member
LWC now driven by P plater too; fuel consumption gone up to 7.8l/100k. Driving style is different, lower revs (1500-3000) and lotsa throttle.
Usually LWC gets 6.5-6.8l/100k, driven with more revs (2000-4000) and light throttle.
Could also have been crap fuel :)
LWC

Back