whats ya 0-60?

C

Craig_K10

only a bit of fun, but i recorded a 0-60 on my way home from work on my phone, and made it 10.5 seconds!

not bad for a 1.0 that fuker, was quite impressed! cars completely standard.

this about right?

Unfortunately that's near impossible for a standard K10, there was a thread about 0-60 times but it's gone, however thanks to the magic of the Google Cache:
Here's page 1
And here's page 2

For comparison, my 1.3SR K11 gets to 60 in 9.68 and certain people (Mark) won't even believe that!

well....i thought that too, but i filmed this and believe it or not it was slightly uphill and over rumble strips (only bit i could find on way home from work) and i had my phone in my hand filming lol

from when the car starts (1.5 secs in) to 60 (12 secs) that makes it 10.5 :)

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/videos/0-60.3gp

ill get another with the cam wedged somewhere and on a flat road! i only use the car for pottering about in but i just thought it felt quite nippy so did a quick vid to see!

Language!!!

I want an accurate 0-60 on mine. According to the G-tech i have, my qtr mile speed is 60 something mph, yet the dials in my car say 85mph!

the 0-60 also seems very impressive but the speedo has been tampered with so much, im not sure how accurate it is

60 mph in a K10 is actually displayed as 65+ ive never seen an exeption to this. I would say if your very lucky this may be near 14.5.

Ed

Oh yeah and the 0-60 of my micra on the rare occasions i get it right is about 5.7 :) lol

appologies! i do have a foul mouth at times!

speedo is prob out. What do you mean with tampered with though? i've not touched it at all! lol

i have GPS in my clio so ill check speedo accuracy in the beast.

I'm not trying to prove anything like, just thought it seemed nippy considering engine size :)

5.7 is fekin brilliant in micra tho. Got to respect the ST's! thats about as fast as my clio does it in and thats over 200bhp! lol (altho it 1/4's in 13.4@104mph) :)

I bet you give some scoobies, and god knows what else a suprise in that beast!! :devil:

"For comparison, my 1.3SR K11 gets to 60 in 9.68 and certain people (Mark) won't even believe that!"

My old red K10 looked like under 9 seconds when looking at the speedo and using a stop watch.

looking back at my slips from santa pod it gives a accurate 0-60 time.
my 1/8mile times for 3 of my runs were:

11.356 @ 61.23
11.547 @ 60.00
11.288 @ 59.69

James - I will never believe you about your claimed 0-60 times, your using a G-tech lol. very unaccurate on cars under 100bhp and yours is STANDARD. book time for the k11 is 11 something. run your car at the pod and you'll find out how slow it really is.

I was in a K11 1.3 16v night before last and we raced a CINQUENTO SPORTING and lost, we got dicked off the lights (not the best starts though) and even so when it went past us on the straight (we were infront at the time). Maybe when my mate gets his 4 branch might it keep up but who knows.

so james your 0-60 times are as good as me looking at my speedo and using a stopwatch, I should start claiming my old k10 did sub 9 second times even though it didnt just like your doing with your K11.

standard 0-60 times for the K10's are as follows,

1.0 15.9
1.2 SUPER S 14.5
1.2 13.3

these are the Manual transmission models

I think its actually a bit of a rip from what I said. In that low power cars 0-60 times pull so low G that the g-tech is seeing alot of relative noise from bumps etc, this causes strange readings in my experience.

Ed said:
Oh yeah and the 0-60 of my micra on the rare occasions i get it right is about 5.7 :) lol
fast enought :devil:

RIK said:
i video'd my 1.6 k11 to 60mph under 8 secs
start pushing :devil:
Craig_K10 said:
only a bit of fun, but i recorded a 0-60 on my way home from work on my phone, and made it 10.5 seconds!

this about right?
mmm fancy a race against my 1.o litre befoe i put a a 2.0 litre primera engine in the back??? then the next step up is a nissan 350z engine n gearbox mmm sweet heaven go kill a porsche 911 :devil:
Craig_K10 said:
appologies! i do have a foul mouth at times!

speedo is prob out. What do you mean with tampered with though? i've not touched it at all! lol

i have GPS in my clio so ill check speedo accuracy in the beast.

I'm not trying to prove anything like, just thought it seemed nippy considering engine size :)

5.7 is fekin brilliant in micra tho. Got to respect the ST's! thats about as fast as my clio does it in and thats over 200bhp! lol (altho it 1/4's in 13.4@104mph) :)

I bet you give some scoobies, and god knows what else a suprise in that beast!! :devil:

scoobie's need new drive shaft's n clutcher's every 60,000 mile's, an oil change's every 7.500mile's not up to nissan skyliner standard's, mind you insurance is cheaper £1,082 was a quote for 1995/m model skyliner, an £612 on a brand new nissan 350z is the lowest offer so far. :devil:

**** lol

Mark said:
I was in a K11 1.3 16v night before last and we raced a CINQUENTO SPORTING and lost, we got dicked off the lights (not the best starts though) and even so when it went past us on the straight (we were infront at the time). Maybe when my mate gets his 4 branch might it keep up but who knows.

1. chris' cinq had the 1.2 engine conversion, 4 branch, filter, chip, full zost = more torque :D

2. i had a cack start = my fault :D

3. stone road lights the other week ;)

like i said mark, staffords quickest micra time is gonna change owner bloke :D :D :D

tommo

"like i said mark, staffords quickest micra time is gonna change owner bloke"

I'm loving that lol.

Mark

lol!

and iv owned a classic scooby! cost me a fortune, broke a few times, and cost me a fotune to fix it lol!! hence why i flogged it!! awesome car tho, great noise from the flat 4

Yeah my mate had a couple of scoobies and although it was quick as, it cost a fortune when things went wrong! Very nice tho

27.Subaru11.jpg

dave and paul from jap-n-crazy who both drive pulsars ran 4.4 and 4.7 respectively at trax which aint bad goin imo

problem with 0-60's in scoobies and pulsars is that they cant do many before breaking!!!

heres a pic of me old beast, its down in essex now i think! it was absolutely pristine! :)

2.jpg

zeon

Craig_K10 said:

this about right?
12-second's maybe less, will be when the 2.0 litre nissan primera engine go's in the rear seat area, then up rate to a nissan 350z engine/gearbox. (zeon) :devil:

zeon

Craig_K10 said:
problem with 0-60's in scoobies and pulsars is that they cant do many before breaking!!!

heres a pic of me old beast, its down in essex now i think! it was absolutely pristine! :)

2.jpg
scoobie's 60,000 then replace drive shaft's an clutch, change oil every 7,500mile's for fully synthetic, check oil seal's for damage. p.s chearer to buy a 1989 onward's nissan skyliner 2,5/2.6 turbo. sunny's or not sunny for long be very afraid of large part's bill's, zeon. :devil:

zeon

Andrew said:
Explain the logic behind that.
no micra produce's 100bhp except the 160sr so if you don't have one the instrument's you are using are not up to the job in hand okay, so take in on the old fashoined rolling road set-up boyo. zeon. :devil:

zeon

Ed said:
I think its actually a bit of a rip from what I said. In that low power cars 0-60 times pull so low G that the g-tech is seeing alot of relative noise from bumps etc, this causes strange readings in my experience.
fast enough. zeon :devil:

zeon

zeon said:
fast enought :devil:

start pushing :devil:

mmm fancy a race against my 1.o litre befoe i put a a 2.0 litre primera engine in the back??? then the next step up is a nissan 350z engine n gearbox mmm sweet heaven go kill a porsche 911 :devil:

scoobie's need new drive shaft's n clutcher's every 60,000 mile's, an oil change's every 7.500mile's not up to nissan skyliner standard's, mind you insurance is cheaper £1,082 was a quote for 1995/m model skyliner, an £612 on a brand new nissan 350z is the lowest offer so far. :devil:

how you manage 5.7 second's 0-60mph not k/ph, drop it off a cliff? zeon

Back