0-60 runs

superls

K10 Tuner
before the mods delete me, this in not street racing or a varient of it, it was done on a private road with no other cars or people in sight.

anyways, ive done a 0-60 run in my car this afternoon, VID

based on my slightly biased opinion i get a shade over 9 seconds, what do you guys get?

superls

Quote below when speedle sold his twin webbered, he rekoned around 8 secs.
k10 1.0 LS
Twin webbers
NME 4-2-1
Full Stainless exhaust (brand new!)
0-60 in approx 8 secs
GSX interior/Super S seats
4 Brandnew Falken FK 512 tyres worth well over £200
MOT/TAX with plenty left

DSC00798.jpg

I want £900 for the car which i know is a lot for an 18 year old k10 but i could make twice that selling it in bits but i WONT so dont ask me to break it cos its not going to happen!.you want to buy it and break it then thats up to you.

blog of the car from day 1; http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=17138&page=4

man they are some pretty late gear changes, though i'm not sure on the ideal gearchange on a micra.

Standard your looking 5.5k, superls's is far from standard and will most probably get the most out of it going right round!

Be better when there setup with a cam! You had better get yourself to pod in a couple months!

Oh right I see, I was gunna say I don't take mine past 5k cos it sounds like it's gunna fall apart. If you can rev like that then I might have to invest in some new carbs.

Maximum power's around 6k Olly so you could probably push yours harder. The 1.0's can take amazing amounts of abuse.

mine is 9.6 seconds (yes this is speedles old car) measured with the correct equipment....

and thats around 7k every gear change...in other words i dont get into 3rd gear when i hit 60mph :wasntme:

however in its defense the webers are way out on "tuning" the air fuel mixtures are totally wrong!

Will be getting a cam and lightened flywheel then the webers for a tune, which includes rolling road....:)

Yeah but I've worked with f#rds most of my life so find it hard to push an engine lol. And I forget mine has only done 65k. I'll try pushing it harder but want t o get a rev limiter in at 6.5k first

my 480 does about 8-9secs, its about 1ton and roughly 120bhp. So if you go for 65% of the weight (650kg), you will need 65% of the power which is about 80BHP. I think 80BHP is totally realistic with well tuned bike carbs & good inlet and outlset manifolds. So yeah, 9 secs sounds about right to me.

ive video proof of it doing it in about 7.9 seconds and i did take into account the speedo being inacurate as i had my gps on at the time. max speed indicated on GPS on a local airfield was 119mph.

curtis changing at 7k is far too high you should be changing at about 5800-6000 at the max as your well out of the powerband at 7k

so 9 ish on a set of bike carbs is alright then?

spot on that mate! a little tuning and you should knock anoth half a second to a second off that time.

what other mods does the car have

9 secs sounds good :)

But...

Was the Surface dry or damp?
Was the car warmed up?
What was the wind speed?
Are your Brakes binding?
Was there enough Air in the Tires?
Is there enough tread on the Tires?...etc etc....

I could go on but you can see what I'm getting at.:laugh:

I might try this myself....9 secs on Bike carbs you say? o_O

keep in mind here people stock 0-60 for a 1.0 is about 13 seconds, inlet changes (bike carbs) add anywhere upto and around 20hp (which for an engine running 50hp is a massive gain)

i posted video proof of doing these sort of times why are people getting ####y about it all of a sudden?

you would need somewhere between 75-80bhp to get to 60 in 9 secs...

exactly and the twin weber setup was definalty in that ball park, plus both carbs were balanced when i had it albeit over fueling alot.

plus we all know book figures are never correct :p

I dont know - its very difficult to measure 0-60 accuratly. This is why its all about 1/4 mile times. But yes - If you can get 75 to the wheels and raise or widen the powerband, 9secs should be yours for the taking. Stock ma10 must be about 20 secs 1/4mile? & ma12 just under 19?

whipit no it doesent, and to the other ppl, i have lightened fly, 4-2-1 exhaust and cbr600 carbs with no tuning what so ever, the only thing i havedone is balanced them with my vacuum gauge.

9 secs sounds good :)

But...

Was the Surface dry or damp?
Was the car warmed up?
What was the wind speed?
Are your Brakes binding?
Was there enough Air in the Tires?
Is there enough tread on the Tires?...etc etc....

I could go on but you can see what I'm getting at.:laugh:

I might try this myself....9 secs on Bike carbs you say? o_O

the road was greasy, just started to lightly rain,
yes it was at normal running temp,
relitively no wind, if anything heading into a breeze,
not as i no of,
yes there is
new tyres

as you can see from the vid i didnt set off as aggressively as i perhaps cud have in the dry, i lifted the clutch at 3k where as in the dry i would have gon at it a bit harder as it wouldnt spin up as easy

i got 18.3 in a standard 1.2 Please get your carbs tuned and do a run at santapod. I'd love to see what you get. I dont think in the 16's is too ambitious. Maybe mid 16's??

i got 18.3 in a standard 1.2 Please get your carbs tuned and do a run at santapod. I'd love to see what you get. I dont think in the 16's is too ambitious. Maybe mid 16's??

If i don't i will have a better head and inlet manifold by christmas anyway. lol

the road was greasy, just started to lightly rain,
yes it was at normal running temp,
relatively no wind, if anything heading into a breeze,
not as i no of,
yes there is
new tyres

as you can see from the vid i didn't set off as aggressively as i perhaps cud have in the dry, i lifted the clutch at 3k where as in the dry i would have gone at it a bit harder as it wouldn't spin up as easy

still done pretty well though (Y)

What kind of Bike carbs are on there?

Remember what that was in Arnold?

Mark got it in his modified 1.2. I believe the time was around 17.9. I don't think the inlet was changed. Could be beaten, but just need to get your cars to pod! Last weekend would have been a great day to have been there

Depending where you are, you dont have to use the pod lol anywhere that prints the tickets out will do, as long as you have proof! :p

I don't know what all of you are timing I just watched that vid and I timed with a stop watch and I got 7.2 and7.4 that seem s pretty fast for a micra. i can't wait til i get mine done. unless the speedo is way out that is the time that I got Cheers from canada

With twin 36 dcnf weber carbs
Custom inlet
1.2 engine
Skimmed 50 thou
Lightened and balanced flywheel
3 angle seats
oil pump mod
piper fast road cam
brand new clutch
4-2-1 exhuast manifold
full stainless steel exhuast system

0-60 - 8 seconds

If the cam is uprated to a rally spec
and the webers get tuned it could see 7.5 seconds or below

But i doubt anyone will beat this in a k10 without serious modification!

Maximum power's around 6k Olly so you could probably push yours harder. The 1.0's can take amazing amounts of abuse.

there sure can, you push it harder, and it can scare all the cars at the traffics lights and everywhere, then you give her a rest and she is happy, hardest i ever pushed it was forth gear at 82- 85 miles a hour.

have to bear that in mind when i am in a chase:k12cop:

i also have to be carefull when i drive fast as the steerling wheel gets loose, i think there is too much free play in it or thats how it made.

With twin 36 dcnf weber carbs
Custom inlet
1.2 engine
Skimmed 50 thou
Lightened and balanced flywheel
3 angle seats
oil pump mod
piper fast road cam
brand new clutch
4-2-1 exhuast manifold
full stainless steel exhuast system

0-60 - 8 seconds

If the cam is uprated to a rally spec
and the webers get tuned it could see 7.5 seconds or below

But i doubt anyone will beat this in a k10 without serious modification!

Maybe i should get those bike carbs tuned then lol you have a cam and a lightened flywheel on me.

Back