Whats this like to do ?

I am going to do the cross member under the radiator.
Not that its falling to bits but I think I could do it early as it looks a bit scabby.
Please correct me here if I am wrong.
I think I need to remove the bumper, leave the rad and coolant in place but lift it up and weld / bolt the new part in place.
Question is ...will i discover this to be a tw@t of a job or is it straight forward ?
Have not done one but been mechanically minded and up for a challenge I am sure I will manage.
Any tips on doing this will be great.
The part I am fitting and ordered is this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191272491849?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Found a smallish hole when I took the gearbox cross member off.
Hole is in between where the two captive nuts are that holds the crossmember.
New one on its way to me. might as well get it done as its one less thing to worry about.

I am going to do the cross member under the radiator.
Not that its falling to bits but I think I could do it early as it looks a bit scabby.
Please correct me here if I am wrong.
I think I need to remove the bumper, leave the rad and coolant in place but lift it up and weld / bolt the new part in place.
Question is ...will i discover this to be a tw@t of a job or is it straight forward ?
Have not done one but been mechanically minded and up for a challenge I am sure I will manage.
Any tips on doing this will be great.
The part I am fitting and ordered is this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191272491849?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Crikey that's cheap, might as well get it done at that price. Thanks for the link :)

I did not think it was expensive either..LOL
under £22 for a new one delivered.
Not worth messing on plating old one up for that kind of money really.

There are 64 spot welds (if my memory is correct) holding all that on, If I did it again I'd patch in the new one, leaving those top bits of the ends of the old one in place.

There are 64 spot welds (if my memory is correct) holding all that on, If I did it again I'd patch in the new one, leaving those top bits of the ends of the old one in place.
I will take this thought into account when starting the job, but I will try and keep it a decent job so will attempt to fit the whole structure.
Cheers.

Back