Whats the biggest sized rims i can fit on my 2003 model nissan micra?

Hey, im 17 and bought my first car, nissan micra 03-06 model. Im looking to make it look a bit more sporty and wanted to fit some big rims to it.

I dont intend on lowering it, what are the biggest sized wheel i can fit on this car?

Cheers, Kev. :k12white:

Hey, im 17 and bought my first car, nissan micra 03-06 model. Im looking to make it look a bit more sporty and wanted to fit some big rims to it.

I dont intend on lowering it, what are the biggest sized wheel i can fit on this car?

Cheers, Kev. :k12white:

go big!! wack 24" on it XD..na id say 17's max

itll look daft sitting with 17" rims on it and not being lowerd lol, itll sit as high as a double decker bus

Yeah mine looked daft on 17s til it were lowered. Actually it probably still looked daft lol here's what it looked liked once lowered 30mm (see below). I've seen em with 18s though and alot of wolfrace fitments for it come it 18s.

micraSide.jpg

dont go for one of the big named manufacturers. they are all crap. the mass market wheels are all too heavy and badly made.

the best wheels to go for are Rota, Work, Kei-racing, Volk, Compomotive. etc

bad manufacturers, Oz, Team dynamics, Wolfrace, Fox, TSW, basicaly anything you can go into halfords and buy off the shelf is a big no no. they are all ok, they are all acceptable, but in a 17" or 18" the weight of them will be hurendous.

my set of 15" rota slipstream wheels with tyres are light enough to pick them all up in one go quite easily. conversly an 18" oz TITAN alloy wheel on its own is far too heavy to even lift to your chest without some serious muscles.

go for some 17" rota's on toyo T1R's and drop it 30mm. you will not regret it.

and if you can afford them at the mo...... dont get them yet. save up.

thanks for the advice, yeh it would look stupid sitting high on 17s i agree, but i plan on putting a slightly lower bodykit on it to compensate, but if i could get away with lowering and 17s then i will be going for that :p

Really excited to get the micra looking its best, cant wait :D

you cant compensate the ride height of a vehicle with a body kit. it would just look like a standard micra with a body kit.

a lowering kit is only £90.... how much is a body kit?
i hate saxo's and punto's with those silly side skirts and huuuuuuuge gurning rear bumpers hanging down from the car, it just makes them look fat lipped and cumbersome.

Very true, you certainly know your stuff antony. Cheers for the advice mate, some 17s and lowered 30mm, ill post a pic of it when its done, cheers.

no probs. if you have a look on google at integra type R's and any japanese hatch back with 17's. they dont have kits usualy as they can be lowered to look more sleek and handle better...

happy to help

Does anyone happen to know the dimension of wheel i need, and stud number etc. basically looking for wheels and need to know what to look for basically, anyone know a good place to look for them also

cheers

Hi, sorry if I'm a hijacking your thread a little, but does putting on larger diameter wheels affect the reading on the speedometer or something? Or can you just whack them straight on?

Ive got 15's on mine and it puts the speedo off by about 2mph. So say I was doing 30mph it would be about 32mph on the speedo

dont go for one of the big named manufacturers. they are all crap. the mass market wheels are all too heavy and badly made.

the best wheels to go for are Rota, Work, Kei-racing, Volk, Compomotive. etc

I agree and disagree here...

The brands I reccomend would be Work, Rays (they make Volk), Weds, SSR, and the like. I wouldn't touch Rota's with a 10 ft pole! Put simply, they're just cheap copies of popular models...and when I say cheap, I mean in both price and quality. They're made in the philippines, NOT Japan...and like most knockoffs made in struggling countries, they're not worth wasting your money on.

Don't take my word for it though, see for yourself:

img0193ir0.jpg

rotamotivation.jpg

rotayu3.jpg

Back