whats the biggest site wheels i can have on a lowered micra?

J

jezz06

hey, i am about to get my micra lowerd around 35mm and i'm just wondering what would be the biggest wheel i could get? and how small profile the tyres would have to be?
thanks alot.
regards.

i would recommend 15" rims with a 195/45/15 tyre. this will keep your speedo about right (out by 3%) and will give you the best performance/handling.

but to answer your question 16's fit if you take out the inner arch liner in the front arches. apparently 17's will go on with the same mod, without rolling arches but i have yet to see this done in person. so i'm not commiting myself to say yes they fit lol

you see the button at the top of the page labelled Search?? Use it

and for crying out loud 17"s go on without any mods!!!!!

leave the poor kid alone.

I think this should be covered in a FAQ...

... update on MM coming soon ;)

EDIT: 17" with a 35 mm drop without any arch work.....

How?

Ben said:

I thought you were turning over a new leaf, the guys a newbie, give him a chance.

Ben said:

what do you mean by "go on"..your saying they dont rub at all on full lock with a full load and lowerd?

yep thats what he's saying, maybe people should trying lowering their k11 by 35mm, buying some 17s with the right offset and putting them on.

then telling people if they will or wont go on.

and yes they do go on, with no scrubbage.

and if the arches are rolled id say 18x7s will go on without any problem aswell.

Sorry if i seemed rude but this exact thread seems to appear every other week and it getting tedious now!

Im teling you 17"s will go on without any arch work lowered 35mm, i had them on mine! You might notice a tiny bit of scrubbing on full lock but i didnt - i hate it when people who have had no experience sit there and say such and such wont fit when it quite blatingly does! K11Stew has 17"s on and no arch work too!

An FAQ section would probably sort this kind of problem out as people seem to not know how to use the search function :D

yeah thanks for all that help people.
and sorry ben for being annoying lol
i'll use the search function from now on if i have a question.
i'll think i just get 15'' with low profiles, and lower somewhere between 35mm - 45mm.
thanks again.

jezz06 said:
yeah thanks for all that help people.
and sorry ben for being annoying lol
i'll use the search function from now on if i have a question.
i'll think i just get 15'' with low profiles, and lower somewhere between 35mm - 45mm.
thanks again.

n/p didnt mean to be rude i just have a habbit of doing it, seriously though although 17"s do go on, stay with 15", its a comprimise between performance and looks :D

Ben said:

eeesh ben, i never said they didn't fit. as i recall you and stew said last time this came up it may rub on the inner liner so best to take it out.

hence why i posted what i posted.

if you had an faq you'd just spend all the threads telling them to use that instead of telling them to use the search, we had the same problem on the fiat forum :p

17's will go on fine, but arch work, uprated dampers and an adjustable panhard rod is recommended if you actually want to "drive it". Even then you'll have to go easy compared to the likes of people with 15's on. If you like the look go for it, if you want it to handle then it's not the best choice............seen plenty of scrubbed tyres and bent arches in my time from people who habe fitted 17's on the cheap.

Alienfish360 said:
totally depends on the offset

just a quick question while everyone is having a go at each other lol
the offset, i just bought some wheels and the offset on them is 35.
this is good right? i think its the right offset i need.
thanks.

Sounds about right,

you can get 14's 15s if they have a weird offset chances are they will rub, get 17's POSSIBLY 18's with the right offset and chances are they will fit. Make sure your offset is right and you run a nice low profile and stay as close to your standard rolling circumferance as possible.

Ben said:
Sorry if i seemed rude but this exact thread seems to appear every other week and it getting tedious now!

Got to agree with Ben on this one, should the 'search' button be made bigger ?

I dont know what the biggest size is, but in my view small cars with huge wheels dont look very good. Stick with 15" and get the car lowered, but make sure u get decent wheel spacers at the back, make them stick to the contours of the car. looks real good that way.....

Back