What would you do ?

Just a quick question , i have no manual for my car, and i have been wondering seeen as there is a solinoid for the bonnet release , what do you do if your battery goes flat flat ?

Use the keyhole in passenger door to acess the car , but how would you pop the bonnet ?

OP
OP
padraicR
i understand how little draw the solinoid would take just was curious how a manufacturer could leave themselves so open , lets say if somebody disconnected the battery to do a job and closed the bonnet ! talk about screwed ! :p i just think a simple cable would have been more effective and cost efficient

Remember doing something like this on a previous car.
Get in via passenger door,fold down rear seat,get parcel shelf out.
May need lift part of boot carpet.
Need torch and screwdriver. You can see there is a release mechanism where boot latch is. Operate with screwdriver to release it.

Just a quick question , i have no manual for my car, and i have been wondering seeen as there is a solinoid for the bonnet release , what do you do if your battery goes flat flat ?

Use the keyhole in passenger door to acess the car , but how would you pop the bonnet ?
I thought the bonnet release was mechanical? o_O

OP
OP
padraicR
Unless yours is different jen ,
But you pull a lever in my car but its not acutally operating a cable , its just a switch . if you open you bonnet and examine the mechanism its not cable operated , theres a solinoid there so you can see the contacts of the solinoid on both bonnet and body of car