What would you do?

3 facts need to be stated first :
1) I am as broke as a bag of lego now im unemployed
2) I am truly, madly, deeply in love with my Micra
3) The Micra seems a bit of an old folks car sometimes as mines standard and the missus hates it

Anyhow, a friend in the trade offered me a 98 Starlet and €1500 cash for my beloved K12
I'm dying to take the offer for the financial relief and the fun of a new car, but I'm very attached to my Micra

My Micra, 2004, 1.0 5dr with high miles... N.C.T. and tax are out this month (car will 100% pass the test but i cannot afford the tax or test fee) I also have a personal loan on the car with around €1100 left.

The Starlet is a 1998 1.3 3dr with 95k, very un-abused, definitly never been boy racered like most 3dr starlets, great body, 2 owners from new, 2 years N.C.T.... But it isn't taxed, its also due a timing belt shortly...

I love the Micra, but I would love the Starlet, Financial gain are obvious but am i trading too far down in the years... I need advice from clever car people like yourselves lol fwn

it would make sense to make yourself financially stable can always get another micra in the future (Y)
good luck!

if you really need the cash then sell the car and but a cheap run about thats not as high maintanance as a starlet which needs work doin gon it.

If i was that deperate i'd have to sell myself!!?? But that offer is a good one or sell the k12 and buy a cheap run around for the time being as the boys have already said.

what would you do if you were asked to give up your dreams for freedom?

best would be keep your micra becuase you love it and your broke. if your wife dont like it see if you can tart it up plenty of cheap mods what you can do yourself.

Deicded to keep my Micra, tax and N.C.T. it, then sell it, reckon its worth €3500-4000 with the fresh discs in the window then go for a K11 or K10 if theres a clean example available...
The Starlet seemed like a quick fix, and it was a mint car but i think it was an average offer at best, nothing special... so watch this space with interest guys!
Anyone in Ireland with a good K10 for sale lol??

if your wife
whoah, whoah, WHOAH! Steady on, girlfriend lol :D:D:D

k10's are solid had one before mind the thin tyres! (wheel change wont cost much if not free-steel wheels with tyres)
i learned to respect mine a lot your on a good one there

update if anyone cares lol
got to the second round of interviews for the ford parts job im Wexford
also got another interview coming up for a parts job in Dunlaoire in a mazda dealership
yeah, im as shocked as you are, 2 jobs reasonably local to me in the particular area of the motor industry that im familiar with!

changed the oil in the micra today
picked up my new (second hand) windscreen today (€60) and getting a friend to fit it at the weekend! using his autoglass experience ;)
gona give it a good spit shine then and it should be good to go... :(
job or no job im going to shift it! lol

3 facts need to be stated first :
1) I am as broke as a bag of lego now im unemployed
2) I am truly, madly, deeply in love with my Micra
3) The Micra seems a bit of an old folks car sometimes as mines standard and the missus hates it

Anyhow, a friend in the trade offered me a 98 Starlet and €1500 cash for my beloved K12
I'm dying to take the offer for the financial relief and the fun of a new car, but I'm very attached to my Micra

My Micra, 2004, 1.0 5dr with high miles... N.C.T. and tax are out this month (car will 100% pass the test but i cannot afford the tax or test fee) I also have a personal loan on the car with around €1100 left.

The Starlet is a 1998 1.3 3dr with 95k, very un-abused, definitly never been boy racered like most 3dr starlets, great body, 2 owners from new, 2 years N.C.T.... But it isn't taxed, its also due a timing belt shortly...

I love the Micra, but I would love the Starlet, Financial gain are obvious but am i trading too far down in the years... I need advice from clever car people like yourselves lol fwn

its says missus?

mate personally i would check on a few things 1st i would check insurance prices, second i would check how much the belt would cost and third i would check the econoamy of the car. if your still quids in after paying the loan, getting tax, paying for belt and insurance do it because it doesnt matter if you downgrade a vehicle aslong as you keep afloat in difficalt times. honistly i know getting it might be easier on the kneck ( from getting it from the missis) but it all depends on what needs doing to the starlet. i personally would check to see if its worth it for my pocket more than anythink else. if the starlet is as strait as it sounds and olny thing wrong is the tax and belt then after paying the loan off you could be making abit which could be next months bills....... so just think carefully mate. also best of luck and hope things get easier.

also i should probobly start reading everyones convo before writing because i just realised you are keeping the micra to sell. nice choice and have a drive of a k11 they are nice and great on fuel

Back