What types of Carbs can you fit to a MA10? I have one in mind...

L33

Buy & Sell Member
Hey, so I have a Carb that i brought for my honda MT50 brand new a couple of years ago, its not actually a moped size as such, its more of a 125 size bore as it was a larger performance carb. Id say the diameter on the air intake size is about half inch and the diameter on the mixture out end is about just shy of an Inch. Couldnt tell you anything about the Jet sizes in it as I havnt ever got as far as Tinkering with this particular Carb.

My question is, I was in talks with a certain member as to him fitting me a SU carb come summerish time but The more I think about it Im wondering if its something Id like to try myself. I have good skills as regards to 2 stroke bikes, iv done many a Piston and barrel replacement for scored bores or boring up, changed exhaust and Carbs and even done some tinkering with Jets when Iv had to increase my fuel mix to which i have a bit of a knack for, the jet tinkering i mean.

Would I get any gain from fitting this carb i have or would it just not let in enough air? I could deal with having to jet up but I know that if you aint getting enough air it aint gonna run as good.

I just figure If I can get a manifold manufactured that will fit my carb then it should be a piece of P*ss. Even quite a bit of fun!

I understand Bogg brothers make manifolds or i could ask Bob if hed be so kind then maybe just takeit from there.

Any help and advice would be great as Im deadly serious about this now and once I have a fair idea what im doing im gonna go ahead and buy the parts.

Photo0331.jpg

Photo0332-1.jpg

i would stick with the su,,,ive tried a 2 stoke bike carb and they dont work they freeze up,,,,i have a su manifold for a k10 on ebay,,,these i no do work..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290550839080&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Bob, ill take that, can you knock me any cash off for me not going through Ebay? Ill paypal you tommorow morning if you PM me details like your paypal Email and stuff.

Thanks mate, Im off to work now so will check in about midnight.

Back