What to tune in my MA10

O

oxygen

Hi again from Bulgaria
These days I'm going to a garage specialized in tuning to do sth with my car.
The problem is, they never made such a small and weak engine, so they said to find any clues first from so made it.
So I'll be grateful if you tell me guys what's the easiest and chepest way of making MA10 more powerfull.
Since now i have only sport exhaust pipe /without removing the front pipe/ and a cone filter, but not installed.
I mean sth like changing or customizing the carb, modifying the inlet/exhaust manifold .... but more specific, so the guys in the garage should know what to do to my beast :laugh:
I want to show people here in Bulgaria that these little cars are not so bad, old and weak

Well, all first basics of tuning really. Get more fuel/air (in the right ratio) in the engine and after burning get the fumes out as fast as possible.

So that would mean custom inlet manifold, custom carb., custom camshaft, bigger cams, custom exhaust manifold, sporty exhaust system.

Think that should be enough to gain a few bhp, but is gonna cost you :D
All has to be made custom because there are no parts for the MA engines to tune them really.
When you go for a custom carb you can always think about turboing the engine or supercharging it (while the last is more easy but more expensive to do).

The MA engines are very hold back at the inlet- and the exhaust manifold. Have a look what you can do over there.

Thanks for the reply
But I forgot to ask the most important question for me:
Is it worthy to do all this stuff and what is more notable at the end - the increase in power or the fuel consumption
And isn't better to change the whole engine with some Sunny or K11 one?
Thanks again

better to change in all opinions as u are never gonna get th gains u look for without spending a good few amount. the amount of money u spend could be put towards purchasing a better engine cg13 (k11) ga16 (primera, almers) or even more the sr20 block. these. depending on who u know and what u know are all very relatively easy engine swaps.
and the obsticals that u need to oversome are far less mind boggling that how to custom make half the stuff you will require to get any kind of power gains.

plus all these engines have mods that can be purchased to again increase their power.

wayne

What Quick says! :)

Thought you wanted to tune the standard engine. Ofcourse when looking at most bhp another engine is always better. But where does that end.. I mean, get a 1.3 or 1.4.. or why not take a 1.6 or a 2 liter!
And every mod that you are gonna do have some positive and negative things to it.
When you go for lets say a CG13 it needs some electrics as well and perhaps some fiddling with fuel pumps etc and the allmighty driveshafts. Although driveshafts should not be a problem if you make those at a place specialized in driveshafts. Only expensive :)
It's not like you can just weld them together, they have to be balanced etc.

It's just the question what you want to accomplish. And fuel consumption? Did I hear you say something about fuel consumption?! :laugh:

Back