Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sell the micra and get a mini

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • keep the micra and put a 1.3 super s engine in it

Votes: 19 82.6%

• Total voters
M

micra_B

need help folks, im thinking of either putting a 1.3super s engine in my micra or selling it and getting a corsa sri or a mini but don't know what to do, opinions please :) B

Put the 1.3 in it, or try and get a super s or an SR. You will notice a big difference from the 1l and if you get a janspeed manifold, decat and catback and good induction you will be looking at 100bhp.

Every other Ned, Pikey and Chav have Corsas, be different, stand out.
The mini would be good too though, my brother had one but he said it wasn't very practical - more of a weekend car.

In the end its upto you, but I say stick the 1.3 into the Micra.

got to go micra with 1.3 :)

don't get a corsa, the micra is so much better.

what knid of mini are you thinking of? if its a classic shape then you'll have to fork out a canny bit for a mint one.... they are great fun more fun than a micra in the bends lol

Dr Zoidberg said:
i was looking at minis a while back, the vtec conversions. always been tempted to put a 100bhp cg13de in a mini ;)

Stick a motorbike engine in the back of it...flying machine. Anyway, once again..keep the Micra.

think i might put the 1.3 in it then, would i be better putting the engine and box from the super s or keep my 1.0 box? B

micra_B said:
think i might put the 1.3 in it then, would i be better putting the engine and box from the super s or keep my 1.0 box? B

The 1L box will work (I think). It might be easier trying to source an engine with the box attached so it just drops straight in.

scottish-sr said:
The 1L box will work (I think). It might be easier trying to source an engine with the box attached so it just drops straight in.
it will work but i would need 2 put the 1.0 flywheel on it, just wondered whether the 1.3 was geared differently or is a better box? B

Get Super S or an SR Micra. It will feel like a totally diffrent car. Diffrent engine, diffrent body work, diffrent interior...etc.

Edit: by the way, the Super S 1.3 is exactly the same as all other 1.3's in the K11

from the insurance point of view you may wanna just buy a 1.3 micra and mod that!
for some reason they not too keen on the words 'engine swap' and 'modified'

also more likely to have anti roll bars etc

hughes_16v said:
should be a stronger box i think. and clutch is stronger so a change of clutch should be on the list to
It has a different final drive ratio so the 1.3 Micra can go faster, dunno if the thrust bearings are tougher or owt like that. Also, as JayY said, all the 1.3 engines are in the same tune regardless of the model of Micra. Onthat note, what about transplanting a 1.4 engine from one of the last K11 Micras?

lol asking the MSC weather or not to ditch a micra ;) bit stupid lol. Would love to sell my 1.0 micra and buy a 1.4 one but its just too hard selling cars these days.

squigbobble said:
It has a different final drive ratio so the 1.3 Micra can go faster, dunno if the thrust bearings are tougher or owt like that. Also, as JayY said, all the 1.3 engines are in the same tune regardless of the model of Micra. Onthat note, what about transplanting a 1.4 engine from one of the last K11 Micras?
is ithe 1.4 just a straight swap? does it not have NATS ? i know with the 1.3 i just need 2 change the engine and keep my 1.0 ecu and wiring loom.

B

you have to bear in mind that a micra was designed a lot round a mini, you just have to look at the basic shape and you can see it but the micra is a lot more modernised and comfortable. ive driven both and the mini was more fun but i couldnt see me driving that up and down the m62 every day. but the micra justs eats up the miles. asking that sort of question on here is bound to get the same response and i agree with everyone on here. i would sell the 1 litre and look for a sr, super s that way when you wanna sell it all the engine matches up etc.

BigBadBob said:
from the insurance point of view you may wanna just buy a 1.3 micra and mod that!
for some reason they not too keen on the words 'engine swap' and 'modified'

also more likely to have anti roll bars etc

You don't tell them it's had an engine swap. You re-register the cars details with the DVLA, and then insure it like normal with the registration plate, will just be a 1.3 Micra

micra b, just go test drive an SR and you will see why alot of us are telling you to get one. It will be so much easier as well

figuring im going to get my head bitten off but...why not a corsa? everyone on here is like "omg they suck so much" but noone ever gives me a decent reason. apart from "chavs drive them". chavs drive micras too...

also... im after a clio and am getting told "they suck" too... and the best actual reason ive had so far is "its french". cheers guys... really helpful

i just heard that the build quality on renault are pants, but not really had much experiance with them. Never driven a corsa tho!

Really really like the DVLA/Insurance idea!!

Layla said:
figuring im going to get my head bitten off but...why not a corsa? everyone on here is like "omg they suck so much" but noone ever gives me a decent reason. apart from "chavs drive them". chavs drive micras too...

suck because they arnt reliable,too popular,got a bad reputation for being a chav car,,like micra is granny corsa is chav

Layla said:

My main reason would be that too many people have them, like Punto's, Saxo's, Clio's Polo's etc.

One of the reasons why I love my car so much is that it is unique. How many modified Micra's do you see about? It might be a bit difffrent in the North but down South it very rare seeing another modifed Micra

you should also change ecu with the engine n in i have been were you are now looking at 1L -> 1.3L i just bought a super s n i was well happy with it.

i may be selling mine jus after new year so u may want to buy mine but if so ill speak wit u bought that in another madia :D

it is easier and cheaper buying new car trust me i did the maths on it!

:D

K11SS said:
you should also change ecu with the engine n in i have been were you are now looking at 1L -> 1.3L i just bought a super s n i was well happy with it.

i may be selling mine jus after new year so u may want to buy mine but if so ill speak wit u bought that in another madia :D

it is easier and cheaper buying new car trust me i did the maths on it!

i could get the 1.3 super s engine and box fully fitted for about £400 max so i think buyin a super s probably would be more expensive B

but then u add on bumpers n interior n then alloys if u aint got all adds up wen u can jus buy in 1 like i did!

i guess its who u know tho

a) keep the micra. b) if your gonna buy a corsa get a corsa b gsi - nice and quick and c) classic minis are damn cool.

your call chief

micra_B said:
i could get the 1.3 super s engine and box fully fitted for about £400 max so i think buyin a super s probably would be more expensive B

i think youl struggle to get insurance,,cos engine swap is a BIG mod,,

micra_B said:
is ithe 1.4 just a straight swap? does it not have NATS ? i know with the 1.3 i just need 2 change the engine and keep my 1.0 ecu and wiring loom.

B
It'll almost certainly have NATS or somet' similar, dunno how straight a swap it is. I didn't know u could run a 1.3 on a 1.0 ECU though.

yeah the 1.0 lrt allows the engine to rev higher iirc, however the engine will run better with a 1.3 ecu as thats what its designed for...

from what ive been reading from micra_pete the 1.0l ECU can be better in a lot of cases for a 1.3 engine.

the reasons that i really dislike corsas are they rust (badly), build quality is very poor, slow when considering other cars with the same engine etc, looks imo are very bad, really dont handle well. i would still get a micra or other japanese car. maybe a civic 1.5 lsi perhaps.

Back