What to declare?

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hey guys just a quick quesiton.. I have so many mods that i wonna do to the micra, but im not to sure what i have to declare to the insurance company? for example iv just put a set of super s bumpers on...do i have to declare this??

So basically is there a rule as to what you HAVE to declare?? is it just engine modification? or is it also body/interior? thanks for your help everyone!

Anything that would improve handling, performance or braking, anything that could distract the driver or cause an accident. Anything that isn't standard. You even have to tell them if you change your tyre profile.

Welcome to the rip off world of insurance

The bumpers are standard micra bumpers so you don't need to declare them.
I believe nex had an insurance tell him he wasn't insured when he crashed but he argued it as they are standard micra parts and they finally agreed.

I love it i'm with quinn direct. i phoned them to declare tints etc they just said they don't care about anything but performance mods. i declared my alloys online with them and it still didn't up the price :D

They aren't standard to his model of micra though. They are off a higher spec one. its almost like saying "well the 1.3 into a 1.0 doesnt matter as they are both standard micra engines". And an insurer such as elephant list "body coloured bumpers" and such things. I would rather be safe then sorry.

I'm just saying that NeX argued this with his insurance company and they admitted they were wrong.
Best to phone them though.

Anything that would improve handling, performance or braking, anything that could distract the driver or cause an accident. Anything that isn't standard. You even have to tell them if you change your tyre profile.

Welcome to the rip off world of insurance

indeed an unlucky friend had 4 air fresheners and a wobble head thing in his car ...and the poilce said his insurance was void because he didnt declair them

well silly

They aren't standard to his model of micra though. They are off a higher spec one. its almost like saying "well the 1.3 into a 1.0 doesnt matter as they are both standard micra engines".

Yeah but an engine change is considered a performance mod whereas bumpers aren't.

When i fitted the Super S Kit on my K10, i told them it was an optional extra and it didn't up the premium. Lowering springs don't really matter, mine didn't. Alloys were declared along with the exhaust system & the stereo.

Declare ANY change to the vehicle since when it left the factory.

If you pick the right insurer then modified car insurance is painless and cost effective.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Im with direct line, and i heard through the grape vine that they dont insure modified cars??? can anyone back this up?? gnna give em a call tomoz or on the weekend!

Back