What size alloys would u recommend??

B

benmicrasr

Got 15" alloys on at the moment and my car is lowered 35mm all round. I want to fill my arches a bit more and i am after some bigger alloys and would like some advice. If i go to 17"s is it gonna be rubbing on my arches when i hit any bumps or catching on full lock etc?I no quiet alot of people on here have got 16"s so i just wanted to know whether i can go for 17's or is 16" the better choice?Cheers Ben

personally i's stay with the 15's.....

but to answer your question 17's will fit and seen as how you are lowered it will need arch work, as it'll rub and catch all the time.

16's are a better choice but still face the same probs only not as extreme i'd imagine. someone with 16's will be able to advise you better.

either with 16's/17's it'll be a very harsh ride.....;

:)

yes i agree with rik 50 mm and 15's best set up in my oppinion

or u could get some coilovers like titch if u want them tucked under arches lol

do a search as im sure there is plenty of info on this on here

Would stay with the 15s and lower it some more. Put 17s on it and it will need arch work but more importantly will just bog down and not go anywhere. You could go 16s but tyres for them are pretty expensive.

Having said that, there is a pic of a micra, actually for sale, with 18s on it and the same car with 22" rims on it for a laugh, now they fair fill the arches.

What tyre size do you have to have so 17's dont rub k11stew?When you hit bumps dont the wheels rub?

You dont need arch work for 17"s!!!!

Depending on what tyres you get you might need to take the iner arch liners out and thats it! - 17"s look sweet but make ur car slow as a turd

I thought part of the purpose of alloys were they were lighter than steelies?

Arent 17's lighter than standard steelies?

A bit off topic I know, apologies ;)

some people fit alloys just for looks and dont care about performance

some go for both

some just for performance and dont care about looks

so they are not JUST sposed to be lighter,,depends wot you want

lewis said:
I thought part of the purpose of alloys were they were lighter than steelies?

Arent 17's lighter than standard steelies?

A bit off topic I know, apologies ;)

They might be lighter, but there is a wider radius to be moved by the car and a higher innertia so is harder to do and therefore slower.

17's may rub, it depends how wide they are, and i'd go for 40 or 45's if you do get 17's,
I had 16's they rubbed on the inner arch at full lock, nothing major realy, just couldnt go all the way to full lock, and they have 205/50 on, so if the tyres were 195/45 they wouldnt rub at all...

oh and my 16's are for sale btw..
there here
http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=4655

Back