16" Alloys - What Tyre Size

boabsy

Buy & Sell Member
Newbie, so apologies if this has been covered before

I've bought a set of 16's for my Micra and I was wondering what the correct tyre size to use would be? Would I be able to lower it at all? I'm concerned it's going to look like a tractor / 4x4 :down:

I guess it depends what the offset is and stud diametre. I believe its somethin like 100*4 and 38mm offset I maybe wrong. I have 15's on my and the tyres are like 195 50 15's so Id imagine simlilar to that

215/35x16 are 1.8% bigger than standard wheels and tyres, but will probably rub without arch work due to their width, 195/40x16 are 2.78% bigger than standard, the speedo will read 72 mph at a true 70mph not allowing for speedo accuracy, so they will probably run the correct speed taking inaccuracy into account, and they will fit into the arches even if lowered if the offset is right (around 38mm)

That sort of size alloy and tyre will slow your 1.0 down a fair bit though.

I guess it depends what the offset is and stud diametre. I believe its somethin like 100*4 and 38mm offset I maybe wrong. I have 15's on my and the tyres are like 195 50 15's so Id imagine simlilar to that

They're the correct stud pattern & offset so no worries there

215/35x16 are 1.8% bigger than standard wheels and tyres, but will probably rub without arch work due to their width, 195/40x16 are 2.78% bigger than standard, the speedo will read 72 mph at a true 70mph not allowing for speedo accuracy, so they will probably run the correct speed taking inaccuracy into account, and they will fit into the arches even if lowered if the offset is right (around 38mm)

That sort of size alloy and tyre will slow your 1.0 down a fair bit though.

Hmmm, I might rethink then. You think the effect on performance would be noticable? Enough to p*ss me off?

They're the correct stud pattern & offset so no worries there

Hmmm, I might rethink then. You think the effect on performance would be noticable? Enough to p*ss me off?

depending on the weight difference you will notice a fair difference on acceleration, you lose power trying to get the wheels moving, maybe only 1 or 2 seconds up to 70, you will probably lose about 10 - 15 mph from your top speed as well.

depending on the weight difference you will notice a fair difference on acceleration, you lose power trying to get the wheels moving, maybe only 1 or 2 seconds up to 70, you will probably lose about 10 - 15 mph from your top speed as well.

Is there as much of an issue with 15" wheels? What's the optimum wheel size people use for a K11? 14"?

many use 195/45x15" which I use at the moment, some use 195/50x15" some use 14" rims with various sizes, 185/50, 185/55, 185/60x14".

Back