Best suited alloys and tyre size

Anto Modded

Ex. Club Member
My new facelift k11 has 14'' steel rims with 165/60/r14's If i put 14'' alloys on with 185/50/r14's when i'd be doing 60 with standard tyres with the alloys and tyres id be doing 58.6mph. And i went for 15'' alloys with 195/45/r15's id be doing 60.3mph. I dont want to loose power and im going for coilovers too cause i want to start doing trackdays. What do you people think would be best. i had 14's with 185/50's on my 96 micra and couldnt fault them, but this car is a 1.3 and i dont want to loose acceleration on the track cause mondello is nearly all corners. Also what pcd and offset alloys do i need so they sit right on the car. All help would be great. Alloys i have in mind are team dynamics pro race 1.2 in 14'' . Read they were a good light and strong track alloy.

PCD is 4x100.. Can't remember the offset.
14's would be best if your after acceleration i think, 15s would lose acceleration but improve top speed, slightly.

Also, nice choice of wheel, I'll be after some in the future :)

Just checked alloys i had before, and as sonic i think it was said that on the alloys i wanted were 7 wide and i was putting 185/50 tyres on, turns out he was right, wrong tyres and they say they are too wide fo a micra. Heres the confusing part on my old k11 orional wheels were 13'' with 155/70 tyres and i went to 185/50 tyres on 14''s and worked out .7mph under the origional which kept the car nippy. New car has 14''s with 165/60 tyres (nissan steel rims) so i was thinking now of 15'' alloys with 185/45 tyres with work out at .7mph under the origional 14'' nissan wheel. So i take it, it should have the same poke as my old car did, just i dont want to loose power and this way i can still slam it on coilovers too.
This is the alloys ive got my eye on now in 15''. There 6.5 wide. Will they rub
dynamics.jpg

Just checked alloys i had before, and as sonic i think it was said that on the alloys i wanted were 7 wide and i was putting 185/50 tyres on, turns out he was right, wrong tyres and they say they are too wide fo a micra. Heres the confusing part on my old k11 orional wheels were 13'' with 155/70 tyres and i went to 185/50 tyres on 14''s and worked out .7mph under the origional which kept the car nippy. New car has 14''s with 165/60 tyres (nissan steel rims) so i was thinking now of 15'' alloys with 185/45 tyres with work out at .7mph under the origional 14'' nissan wheel. So i take it, it should have the same poke as my old car did, just i dont want to loose power and this way i can still slam it on coilovers too.
This is the alloys ive got my eye on now in 15''. There 6.5 wide. Will they rub
dynamics.jpg

Back